iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Mud,sticks and clay

Started by Paul_H, October 04, 2015, 06:26:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul_H

I enjoyed watching this build and would love to build a building like this one day with my grandkids.Lots of clay on our property on the bottom side and rocks and gravel on the top side..
If you have a good connection and 14 minutes,I hope you enjoy the video.

http://youtu.be/P73REgj-3UE
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

goose63

Thanks Paul that is very interesting I like the idea of the warm bed. Just think if he had modern tools to work with how fast that would of gone
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

Paul_H

Yes,an axe,chainsaw and a lighter would be a must  :D

Ljohnsaw

Very nice video and very smart guy.  I noticed a few things.  #1 - no bugs!  For all the mud he was messing with, he always looked clean, even his shorts!  I'd like to know how long it took to build.  I like the way he used different colored soils for different applications.
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

OneWithWood

Thanks, Paul. Very interesting and enjoyable.
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Magicman

Yes, that was an interesting and informative video.  Hat's off to the barefooted guy.  8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Howdy

Wonderful video. Thank you for posting it.
Just goes to show how a determined fellow can accomplish things that others would think not possible.  There is a lot of technology at work here but reduced to primitive conditions to make it manageable.

bigred1951

I've been watching his videos for awhile. Very neat. He has one he built similar to that but built a mud fireplace and chimney on it.

fishpharmer

The radiant floor/bed heating is really a neat idea.  Paul, I enjoyed watching the whole video, thanks.   
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Paul_H

Thanks giuys,I'm glad you enjoyed it and I hope you will post similar vids as you find them.
It's always fun to watch somebody else working  :D

Wick

Very interesting. I like the outdoor fire place thing. Need to build me one of those.
Timber Harvester 30HT25

AK Newbie

Thanks for sharing!  Fascinating...
LT28, Logosol M7, Husky 385XP, Stihl MS 250, Echo

clearcut

Best Survivor audition reel ever!

According to his blog, the build took 102 days.

https://primitivetechnology.wordpress.com
Carbon sequestered upon request.

Paul_H

Thanks,that was interesting especially of the tile firing.

Kbeitz

Loved it... Wondering what kind of twigs he was useing to make his twine.
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

Thank You Sponsors!