iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Old Warrior

Started by Mooseknuckle, October 04, 2015, 02:37:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mooseknuckle

Saw this old Timberjack down a gully. Not sure of the year but it has to be one of their first produced!!  Two good 16.9x30 primex log stompers on the back, some new hydraulic lines and the rams although undersized look fairly new.  Looks like some mods to the rear arch, and old 8 banger up front for power.  Nice looking front grill as well 8)

Pioneer P51 is look'n for a Buddy!!

North River Energy

Looks like someone tried to drive under a short bridge. :D
Thanks for the photos. Makes me want to get started on another heavy iron project.

Pine Ridge

I wish those old machines could talk .
Husqvarna 550xp , 2- 372xp and a 288xp, Chevy 4x4 winch truck

sandersen

Buy it! Rescue it! Save it!  What a fun project that would be. Guessing early 60's.  Very cool.
"Make every step count."

sawguy21

I wonder if they did not bother retrieving it after it rolled. 
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Ken

Looks like it might be a TJ 404 but may be mistaken.  Timberjack made some very tough machines in their 40+ years.
Lots of toys for working in the bush

Gearbox

204 from that manual winch leaver that is bent down . Gearbox
A bunch of chainsaws a BT6870 processer , TC 5 International track skidder and not near enough time

mog5858

well that is really neat. you should save it. looks like a 201 to me but i have bean wrong before.  i tell you i sure glad i save my 201 it was well worth the blood sweat and a the few beer to get her back going again. on that note i really have not seen maybe one other 201 out there. my run's a little 172 ford diesel. 

47sawdust

Tantoy are you there?
Crazy4saws err,skidders,want another one?
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

Farmin logger

It has a Braden winch on it like on our old C4b. I saw one on an old tj that another farmer I know has. I can't remember if it was a 200 or a 201.

BUGGUTZ

Looks like a Chevy V8 in there. Way cool old relic, drag er out!!
Everyone has to be somewhere.

larry1

First one  I  operated was just like that , but mine was  and original 4 cyl. gas until it failed and we installed a 6 cyl int. gas . I remember pulling that winch lever all day , but never complained . I skidded a lot of big hardwood with it  and the winches work great . You should buy it for salvage and give her a new life .

larry1

I  stand to be corrected , but I think the winch is a Timberland Ellicott , that what mine said in the drum anyway . 

crazy4saws

Quote from: 47sawdust on October 04, 2015, 08:35:15 PM
Tantoy are you there?

HAHA!!! That gave a good chuckle when I ready our post 47sawdust. I will admit before I got to your post I was thinking about how I could maybe get it running or just use the axles which look like PR52s and the rubber! But I think everyone and myself can agree Ive got enough on my plate.

I always liked the TJs, espically the very early ones such as this one. If you have the time and desire I would definitely rescue it! Its kinda neat that it was left in the woods. 

Mooseknuckle

Ya this old soldier is just north of Barrie, Ontario. I think I know who owns it as there is a farm directly across the road. It wont take me long to figure out the owner. Haaa I have the hydraulic valves out of my 65 TJ 230 and ready to go back in..... My eyes on a 65 TJ 205 which is in really good shape but hasnt moved for 10 plus years easy (so needs new rubber for sure) and now this old beast down in the gully.  Man i wish I had the coin and equipment readily available to grab stuff at my leisure. Time will tell I'll work my magic and see what happens. If I cant get her out I'll see if I can pass info on to anyone interested once I track the owner down!!
Pioneer P51 is look'n for a Buddy!!

larry1

I would like to have her , but she's 7 hours away from me x 2 x 100.00 / hour  --- a tad too costly for a float.

tantoy

Quote from: 47sawdust on October 04, 2015, 08:35:15 PM
Tantoy are you there?
Yes i want it, but I am glad it is more that 100 miles from me so I can sleep good tonight. LOVE the old TJ's!
1968 Garrett 20 Skidder
1991 Ford 1920 Tractor/Loader
2000 Takeuchi tb135 Excavator
Stihl 020, 041 Super, 084
Husqvarna 61, 181SE, 357XP

lynde37avery

One day many years from now my old skidders will be like that. Laid to rest on the old farm.  Exactly if only the tractor could tell it's story. Cool old tj.
Detroit WHAT?

Woodhauler

Other then the 2 rear tires that if not all weather cracked, I would leave the rest of the thing where its setting! Unless you need parts for another one its no more then #1 iron.Around here you can buy a working skidder for 7500-10,000 grand. I sold my 74 C5 for 7500 3 years ago. It was tight and dry, good tires and straight metal. Took 6 months to get that!
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

Neilo

It will be hard to confirm the model unless it has a tag, as the engine is replaced.

The 200 had the 172 gas, the 201 had 172 diesel, the 205 and 215 had 220 diesel.

Other clues are the 205 and 215 had the t98a syncro transmission, the 200 and 201 had non syncro.

The 200 was 6 volts as well.

It is not a super early one, as the cage has the uprights in front of the operator. The really early ones were 4 post.

Neilo

Thank You Sponsors!