iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Long day!!!

Started by Woodhauler, October 03, 2015, 10:49:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodhauler

Been helping my buddy build a ice shanty in my garage, A big shanty it is!!  8 X20 !!  He is book smart but not real life smart!!! We fight like a old married couple but I mostly win!!!  Tonite was the nite to stain the walls and he had a sprayer that made it look like crap! I said stain needs to be wiped into the wood and he vsaid it would soak in!! I wiped 3 walls in after they bsprayed it and he stopped me! After looking at the4th wall when it was sprayed he let me wipe it in. On the tail lites we couldn't get only one parking lite to work after he spliced the wires. Come to find out he didn't splice them by color. Messed with them for a hour till I crawled under to see what he did. Glad its leaving sunday for his house for finish work.
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

sandhills

8X20!?!  I want to build one this winter, I was thinking more like 4X8, guess I'm thinking to small  :-\

Sixacresand

A friend helped me build for him a 6 x 6 deer blind with floor and metal roof. We built it on a trailer with lumber right off the mill.  For siding we edged slabs.  The bark eventually fell off and he painted it camouflaged.  My friend did not have a clue how build any thing and was only good for driving nails.  So he let me do the designing, measuring, cutting, so we got along just fine.  When it was done we slid it off on concrete blocks in the woods next to his food plot.  I have never used it, but my friend shot 4 deer out of it last year, twice on rainy days.   We did good.  Sounds like you did good, too, Woodhauler.
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

r.man

I was at an local art gallery, not really my normal thing, for a high school event and wandered into the adjoining display. The fellow there had pictures of ice huts from most of the areas of Canada. ( he must have been related to MM ) I don't fish, and I don't ice fish but it was fascinating to see the regional differences in the designs and placements of these common buildings, well maybe not so common in Georgia. Some large, some small, in one area they almost always build on trailers and in another they are designed like truck campers. Woodhauler your friend's would fit into an area of Quebec that has an ice fishing village, streets, temporary hydro grid and large cottage size huts. This site has some of the pictures I saw. http://www.icehuts.ca/
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

Thank You Sponsors!