iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Need help info from you Bell guys

Started by Nemologger, October 01, 2015, 08:30:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nemologger

On my ultra t, there is a small canister kinda behind the fan on front of the engine, I think it must be a vent. It is leaking oil where the bottom tube goes in the canister...is there a o-ring in there? Also what is the difference in a ultra t and a ultra t HP?
Clean and Sober

lopet

Is this a Deutz diesel ?  And what fan are you talking about ?  Oil cooler eventually ?
Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

Nemologger

Clean and Sober

lopet

I wouldn't consider myself a Bell guy, but I am familiar with Deutz diesel.   A  F4L 912 is air cooled and only has a belt to run the cooling fan, hydraulic pump is gear driven of the cam shaft unless you have a second one running of the crank.    If you have a rad with a fan  it most likely is all hydraulic and you're loosing hydraulic oil and not engine oil.   Don't know if that info will do you any good, but let's hope a Bell guy chimes in.   
Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.

treeslayer2003

Quote from: Nemologger on October 01, 2015, 08:30:49 PM
On my ultra t, there is a small canister kinda behind the fan on front of the engine, I think it must be a vent. It is leaking oil where the bottom tube goes in the canister...is there a o-ring in there? Also what is the difference in a ultra t and a ultra t HP?
not sure what ya mean......pics would help.

you get the falling down pat yet?

Nemologger

Hi Treeslayer,
I have cut a few trees with it...Its not as easy as it looks on youtube..lol
This is an air cooled Duetz
Clean and Sober

Nemologger

I should have said it is beside the fan not behind.
Clean and Sober

treeslayer2003

you'll get the hang of it. i should have told you before, the return tank needs 225 psi min for a good quick bar return.

still not sure what you mean by canister. you know there is an oil cooler under the shroud behind the fan.

Nemologger

this Little canister is about 2.5 inches round, has a tube going out the bottom and one going out the back...is located right on the front top of engine right beside the fan...on pictures of these engines it can be seen.
Clean and Sober

treeslayer2003

i'll look at mine tomorrow if the weather ain't to bad.

lopet

Quote from: Nemologger on October 01, 2015, 10:28:06 PM
this Little canister is about 2.5 inches round, has a tube going out the bottom and one going out the back...is located right on the front top of engine right beside the fan...on pictures of these engines it can be seen.

Still don't know what you mean.   When you're talking about a fan, do you mean the cooling fan for the engine ?
Are you able to determine if it's motor oil or hydraulic oil ?

Nemologger

yes lopet,
This is a deutz air cooled engine, there is a fan that sucks air into the engine to cool it.
Clean and Sober

lopet

Sorry I am lost here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1k0M70juHk

At about 6.20 you get to see a picture of the engine

Nemologger

Yes that's the same engine as mine...if you were to run your hand up over the top of the fan you would come to this little canister at about the 2:00 area. I'm pretty sure its a crankcase vent
Clean and Sober

oldseabee

A picture would help, and trace the hoses to see where they go and come from, that would be a great help also.

Nemologger

I put a pic in my gallery...don't know how to get it here..sorry
Clean and Sober

beenthere

Nemo
Go to your last post, click on "Modify".
Then under that window, click the line "Click here to add Photo to post" and a new "upload" window opens... but you already have done the "upload" so click on the menu tab that says "My gallery".
Then click on the pic you want in your post. It will enlarge, then SCROLL down a page or two and click the line "Insert image in post". Answer OK, and now all you need to do is click the Preview button to see that your post is the way you want it to look.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

lopet

AC perhaps ?  Sorry I am not familiar with this part.

Is this picture upright or 90 degrees on its side ?

You may try what beenthere suggested.

treeslayer2003

no clue, mine don't have that. or AC

snowstorm

the hose with blue cap is ac the round plastic thing vent from the valve cover?

lopet

It has been mentioned before. Try to follow the hoses and find out where they lead to.  I am positive it's not part of the engine but having said that,
I 've been wrong before.

Where are all the AC  guys   ???????????

Nemologger

A tube comes up from the crankcase to the cannister then a line goes out the cannister to the air intake that goes to the turbo
Clean and Sober

chevytaHOE5674

It is a crankcase breather. What ford called a CDR (Crankcase Depression Regulator) on its early diesels. 

lopet

Now that makes a lot more sense and I think you are right.
Shouldn't be hard to fix as there isn't much pressure on it.
I was just lost because I never dealt with a closed system, but hey, no mess on the ground. smiley_thumbsup

Thank You Sponsors!