iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

computer ignorant

Started by dustyhat, September 30, 2015, 02:48:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dustyhat

Was wondering if others are like me or is it just me. my brain tells my finger which button to push, but by the time i get what i think i want to say, my brains already daydreaming and my finger gets confused . then i go back and read what i think a typed , and wonder how in the heck someones going to make sense out of this because it dont make sense to me, after i read it. just hope i can get better.hope im not the only one like this.

Magicman

If it wasn't for the Preview button, I would have been woodshedded long ago.   :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thecfarm

dustyhat,lloks ike u got tha uppa had wit tht post.
I understood it just fine.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Raider Bill

Read some of my posts sometime they drive the punctuation, grammar and spelling police crazy. :D :D
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.
My advice on aging gracefully... ride fast bikes and date faster women, drink good tequila, practice your draw daily, be honest and fair in your dealings, but suffer not fools. Eat a hearty breakfast, and remember, ALL politicians are crooks.

21incher

My tablet has some kind of auto correct and typing in it and sometimes it starts replacing words on it's own. Thank god for the preview button. :)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Shotgun

If you don't care  for the auto correct, just turn it off. It's not that big a problem.
Joined The Forestry Forum 5 days before 9/11.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Raider Bill on September 30, 2015, 05:51:10 PM
Read some of my posts sometime they drive the punctuation, grammar and spelling police crazy. :D :D

:D :D :D :D :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Tom the Sawyer

Dustyhat,

Although I haven't used it in years, there used to be a program that was a great help to my employees who lacked computer skills.  It was called Typing Tutor, there was also one called Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing.  They have tests that figure out your weaknesses and create drills to work on those areas.  There are also games, like Word Invaders, included that improve hand, eye coordination.  Some of them can be downloaded for free.  Improving your keyboarding skills can save you lots of time, and potential embarrassment.
07 TK B-20, Custom log arch, 20' trailer w/log loading arch, F350 flatbed dually dump.  Piggy-back forklift.  LS tractor w/FEL, Bobcat S250 w/grapple, Stihl 025C 16", Husky 372XP 24/30" bars, Grizzly 20" planer, Nyle L200M DH kiln.
If you call and my wife says, "He's sawin logs", I ain't snoring.

clearcut

Newer operating systems have voice recognition that works surprisingly well. There is usually a little microphone icon on the keyboard on phones and tablets. Windows 10 has Cortana.
Carbon sequestered upon request.

edkemper

Quote from: Magicman on September 30, 2015, 02:51:28 PM
If it wasn't for the Preview button, I would have been woodshedded long ago.   :D

Hate to say this but this sounds like my daughter. She's at a University taking creative writing. I try to read her work and don't understand how she is getting such good grades.

Sure glad I'm investing in her education.
Old Man

Ianab

Big difference between "Computer ignorant", and just a useless typist with bad spelling and grammar.  :D

I'm the useless typist type. I can build a computer from a box of bits, install operating system of choice etc. But I still often have to go back and edit posts for the lousy spelling, and just not making much sense.
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

fat olde elf

Couldn't find your age so my comments may have limited value. One of my initial jobs in the US Army was listening to Morse code and then typing it. Tedious !! My 51 YO son Patrick makes heavy money in IT. He credits his high school typing teacher for a lot of his ability in IT.   Would you consider typing classes?. Not sure that they even teach it anymore. Good luck, you are not alone............. 
Cook's MP-32 saw, MF-35, Several Husky Saws, Too Many Woodworking Tools, 4 PU's, Kind Wife.

Thank You Sponsors!