iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

L. Wakefield send me yer picture hee hee

Started by Jeff, March 19, 2002, 04:45:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Has anybody noticed something strange about our L. Wakefield?  When she posted about Hot Nurses for our old milestone man Don, (This sounds like penthouse forum, it aint :o), she became our first full fledged FORUM GOD!

or was it cold? ah well dont remember now
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

L. Wakefield

Dag nab it, now yer challenging me. I don't have a functioning scanner and still haven't bought a digital. Dude, I will get you something pretty quick one way or another. e-mail me some tips. I'm a retard with the visuals. That's why I use your emoticons. (Forum God?! I've been trauma queen often enough...I was IT today, and a nasty day we did have. Some very sick people. No wonder I like to come home and play in the woods.... :-/  )  lw
L. Wakefield, owner and operator of the beastly truck Heretik, that refuses to stay between the lines when parking

Jeff

Send me supthun snail mail do you still have my card?

Jeff

L. Gordon and I would not trade our cameras for nothing. (Look at my last pic of "Pearl" in wild pet thread.

Its a Sony Mavica MVC-FD92

uses Floppy or smart stick, and can capture motion and sound!!

Check www.mfra.org for the holiday tree cutting to see example of video. I will be using it soon here to demonstrate circular sawtooth swedging and sharpening! (Warmer weather, LCD hates cold)

woodmills1

L i have an olympus D-360 it is a great little digital and last isaw it was gettin down around 200 bucks from an original 400+  it takes images like much more expensive cameras. see

James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Don P

Mine is the Mavica FD 75, I think it still exceeds my skills ???
Just a floppy, and motionless objects :D, figured the floppies could go into any machine.
I look forward to your "Toot" Jeff ;D
Hmmm, I wonder if there could be some sort of a standardized type of tutorial page template?

Gordon

Jeff is right on the camera, I'm more than happy with mine as well. I like the ability to take the pics and be able to hand the floppy to the customer or who ever, right then and there. Floppies are cheeep as well so I can use them as my negatives per say instead of loading my hard drive up with saved pics.

I should have invested in a digital a long time ago. The nice thing about digital cameras is the prices are steady dropping so your getting alot more bang for the buck than a year ago. Lots of good ones out there, but for now I'll stick with mine. ;)

gordon

DanG

Congrats to the Forum Goddess! 8) 8)

L, stand by for a couple of days. I just bought a $50 digital cam from Walmart. I ain't had time to load the software on the puter, yet, but maybe we'll see some results soon.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Corley5

I use a Polaroid PDC 640.  Had it three years and it does the job.  I've taken a few pics of my logging op this winter and when things slow up a bit I'll figure out how to post em.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Texas Ranger

L. Wakefield, don't do it!  These folks here are not playing with a full deck, they are one taco shy of a Mexican dinner, they are one brick shy of a load, their elevator doesn't go to the top floor, and further more, the lights are on, but seldom is any one home.

Kevin and I are here only to help.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

DanG

Got some sample pics from my $50 cam onto the 'puter. They turned out real good. I recommend it if you ain't tryin' to win a photo contest.
The cam is a Vivitar "Vivicam 10".  It comes on a bubble card, instead of a box.  Got mine at Walmart.

Soon as I can figger out how, I'll throw up something on your screen. ;D :o :o
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

L. Wakefield

Well, I did it! I blame y'all for pushing me over the edge- I've only wanted one of these things for 2 years :D :D :D  ... I took all the kind references, and matched it up with the Sony Mavica 87 at work, and then talked to a few people, and then went down to Best Buy. They are telling me that the 87 and 92 are both 'old' models now (they don't carry them anymore). They almost had me talked into a Canon, but I finally went with the Sony DSC P50. It was in the ballpark for price, I guess, though with all the little indispensable goodies they got me for, I walked out with the bill doubled..I'm going to have a ridiculously steep learning curve here, but you'll get your picture(s)- after I figure out how.

What I really want to do is get one with a cow on each side- kinda for distraction purposes should some pointy objects be involved. They are bigger targets, after all, and meat on the hoof, too. ;)

Beautiful snowstorm but traffic crawling at 2 hours for 22 miles. One truck on its roof caused a lot of the slowdown. Thank God for the precip!   lw
L. Wakefield, owner and operator of the beastly truck Heretik, that refuses to stay between the lines when parking

Tom

LW,.
You're going to love this world of digital photography.  No more taking one picture when you wanted to take a dozen.  (no film to save),  No waiting for development, no postage to send pictures to friends and relatives, no outside darkroom employees (you can fix the pictures yourself.  Then there is the time when you will learn to "retoucn" and all your old pictures will make their way to the computer to have the scratches, folds, stain, etc, removed.

There are photography sites that will allow free use of space to put your pictures on.  It makes it easy for family to keep up with and enjoy what you are doing.  Look at my profile for an axample of the Hewlit Packard site.  You may pick it or one of many others available but whatever you do, it will be fun. :)

Kevin

Don is right, we`re just visiting and the rest of you are patients here.
Don, don`t turn your back on any of them!   :D

Jeff

Speaking of which, didja all see Don's A** on the 10000 thread? :D

L. Wakefield

Well, it's been 2 days since I accepted your challenge- now I have a camera, have fumbled and scrambled my way from the camera to the computer, and thence to yahoo. You won't exactly be seeing my a**- not that I don't have one, but I don't OWN one, if you know what I mean. You may see my cows... at photos.yahoo.com/heretik1211  .

So, you may ask, why no pic of moi? No one's been home yet to hold the camera....but I'm having lots of fun so far, using up 2 AAs about every 5 minutes.. :D :D   lw- more to come..

L. Wakefield

Rats- I wanted that to be a clickable link.

www.photos.yahoo.com/heretik1211   Now I'll post this and see if it works.   lw

Tom

LW,

All these digital camers are battery eaters.  To prolong their life, it helps to get in the habit of turning the camera off except to actually take the picture.  Those screens on the back are real energy hogs.

L. Wakefield

L. Wakefield

let me know if that last one works for you. It did for me but the computer remembers my passwod so I will be glad to know if it takes someone else too.    lw

Kevin

Looks good, nice pictures.
Looks like you have a bit of timber there.

CHARLIE

Nice pictures LW! 8) 8)  You've got more snow than we have in SE Minnesota...but that could always change. ;D

I bought a Kodak DX3700 a couple of weeks ago, but haven't tried it out yet. I'll be getting around to that someday in the near future....hopefully before the warranty runs out. ???
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Jeff

Texas Ranger

I signed in and was able to see them.  Neat, not all that snow mind ya, but cows and trees, kinda reminded me of Texas, except for the snow, oh, and no oil, or armidillos, or timber ratlers, or, oh never mind.

Good job, neat shots.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Corley5

Great pics 8)  Looks like nice country and you've got almost as much snow as we do.  How many cows ya got?  Do you put up your own hay?
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

L. Wakefield

Right now (since I butchered the big bull) the herd has 4 moms and 2 bebes- one heifer and one bull calf. Altogether they are a bunch of hay burners! I used to make hay down in WV but haven't got over that hump up here yet. The land is only so-so..I have expanded the herd as I expanded the pasture so right how I import the hay and feed out to spread the fertilizer. It's looking like I'll have a good bit of it to disc in this spring.

Last thaw I was reminded (painfully) that s**t-kicking can be hazardous in the spring- some is melted and some is NOT. I think either one of the kids or Mike made the same discovery with a golfclub one spring. Numbs the arms...lw

Bud Man

LW      4 Pics came up --snow,snow,driveway, and cow all clear as post cards your in buisness 8) Have fun !!
The groves were God's first temples.. " A Forest Hymn"  by.. William Cullen Bryant

L. Wakefield

Well, Jeff, I've got the image compression software but can't make the compression feature work So I'm putting another pic on yahoo and maybe you can pull it over and compress it for me just this once? Feeling like a yahoo myself right about now.  lw

Jeff

No problemo. In fact, we'll do a double take.

Presenting the first forum God! well, Goddess!

Bud Man

LW  What kinda pedigree is them pot-likers  :P
The groves were God's first temples.. " A Forest Hymn"  by.. William Cullen Bryant

Gordon

You won't regret the investment of the camera L.W. I've had a blast with mine so far and up until now have only made one mistake with it.

The mistake I made is a simple one and at the time I was just being nice. But now it can be put in the mistake catagory. This is what happened sure did seem harmless at the time and by posting it here maybe some of you won't make the same one. My mother in law asked to borrow the camera to take a few pictures of the kids last week. ---harmless enough right? Well now she is going around snapping pics like crazy and doesn't want to give the camera back.  :'(  

My only hope is she will run out of disc's soon.
Gordon

CHARLIE

LW, Jeff is putting the pressure on me to learn how to use my digital camera :o Reckon I'll have to real soon.

Your talking about fertilizing the pasture reminds me of Springtime in Minnesota. A lot of people haven't experienced the dairy and pig farm aromas at Spring thaw. You see, the farmers clean the barns, where the cattle and pigs are kept in winter, and use manure spreaders to spread the manure on the fields.....sometimes over the snow. Well, when it thaws....OOooooeeeeeee does it ever permeate the air for miles around. :-/
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

L. Wakefield

For the Budman- those are home grown dawgs.. the mother is on all 4's- she is 2nd generation of purebred registered dalmations (aka damnations..). She wasn't supposed to get prego cuz of a heart murmur. Well, she and the border collie from down the street had other ideas. Hence a litter of 11 pups- and the only one that wasn't successfully placed is the doggie on standing on 2 legs there- Franklin, (terror of the highways). I think he adds a slimming effect to the shot- I get to looking just a leetle stout when I get the coveralls on...

Frankie thus has the border collie blood, and does some kinda interesting things with the cows. I had yelled at him til I noticed sometimes he would nip at a cow that was out and run them back toward the pasture. Fluke? Heritage? I am waiting to get more info.

Frank's dad still visits. It's this extended dog family- weird. Sand is fixed now..    

Charlie- I hear you about the odiferous aspects of farming. I just have avoided that to a great externt cuz I try not to exceed the capacity of either the land or the nose..

But I am learning to make some pretty righteous compost.

lw

Frank_Pender

Nice digs, LW.  You have a Currier and Ives setting for sure.  Thank you for sharing with everyone.
Frank Pender

Bud Man

LW  Upon passing (hope that's after a full life) and going on to that  freshly painted Fire Plug in the sky, They sure would make:   " A Nice Coat"

woodman

I looked at 5 photo's, grate looking dogs how old will thay be
Jim Cripanuk

L. Wakefield

Sandpup is maybe 3 or almost 4 Frank is almost a year (he was an April baby. The spots in him turned into almost a 'blue tick' stippled appearance, and his coat is a little longer and much finer in texture and feel than hers. Both shed equally badly (alas). Yes, they are beautiful coats. Mike ties flies and I have offered him fur from time to time. He asks me what I think the dogs have to say about that. I swear, Frank's coat would make a great substitute for moose mane in tying mosquitos!   :D :D :D   lw

Thank You Sponsors!