iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Newish Enjoying looking at some of the modern developments in processing

Started by Brandon1986, September 29, 2015, 11:59:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brandon1986

Hey all I am new to this part of the forum I have spent quite a bit of time in the milling area.  I have been enjoying looking at some of the more modern methods of processing wood. I grew up in the passenger seat of a self loading log truck and the very first machine I ran was a 18-22 blockbuster at about 5 1/2 (had to stand on a milk crate). Long story short we went into the excavation field sold most of the logging/wood cutting iron, everything except the skidder and log truck and haven't done anything with it for 15 years at least.  Now we are starting a 400 acre wooded subdivision that yields about 10 cords an acre per house site.. The wood is a nuisance to us on site, so we just bought a cord king 2040... HOLY CRAP how times have changed.  It used to be with our old block buster we could do a cord every 15 min with Uncle on the processor dad cutting a small deck beside the processor and me (with my little 75 pound self) struggling cut logs into the splitter on the processor. Now 1 man can cut at an advertised 8+ cords an hour (we haven't got it set up yet to test that number).  Thanks for the neat pictures and idea of how to be efficient..
~Brandon

Thank You Sponsors!