iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Stihl MS-241 Oiler help ?

Started by Troymichael, September 28, 2015, 07:26:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Troymichael

Hello,

I am trying to adjust my oil screw on my MS-241, I believe its alot like the MS-261

The manual says clockwise increases flow, so I turn it clockwise, but it keeps on turning and turning forever

I turned about 5 full turns

I thought I remember when I first got the saw, it only turned about half a turn from closed to all the way open ?

Is something wrong ?

Troymichael

after doing some googling, it seems I over torqued the screw, and sheered off the pin that is inside ?

if this is the case, can I still use it as is, or does something need to be replaced, say the whole entire oil pump assembley ?

sablatnic

You can use it as is, but you have to adjust the screw till it pumps, not easy, but it can be done.

Troymichael

I will give it a try, and see how much oil I can get to squirt out.

I read in another thread, on a different stihl saw, that it's now possible for the "oil pump" to fall out, as its no longer being held in ? does that pertain to my stihl ? the MS-241 CM ? thanks

Troymichael

Just got done running the saw. I pointed it towards the ground at about a 45 degree angle, and ran the saw over a clean price of paper.

The paper showed a good streak of oil flinging off the blade onto the paper.

So as long as I leave the screw alone, I am safe ?

Anything else I should look for ?

beenthere

Watch the tank of oil between fuel fills, and after a tank of fuel then most of the oil should be used as well (or at least half of it). But sounds like you are good to go.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Troymichael

sablatnic

I haven't had any hands on experience with the oil pump of the 241, but if it is anything like the others, the screw shouldn't fall out. 

Thank You Sponsors!