iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

honeywell aquastat

Started by dkfearon, September 28, 2015, 06:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dkfearon

has anyone had an aquastat go bad on their wood boiler  what makes them go bad mine worked fine last year and went to start the boiler but have no power coming out one side but have power feeding in

beenthere

Not in the nearly 50 years of oil boiler, wood boiler, or the propane boiler.  They just keep on tickin...
But don't know why, they just do.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

garret

Had an old Honeywell Aquastat control board that I thought had gone bad.  After replacing, discovered a smashed stink bug between the relay contacts.
E-Classic 2400 comfortably heating 4,200 sq.ft. and unlimited DHW, Off-grid, Photovoltaic-powered pumps in gloomy SW PA , 34 t splitter, numerous Husky chainsaws

Holmes

Depending on the model some aquastats open on temperature rise and some close on temperature rise.  Maybe the boiler needs to get hot for it to work
Think like a farmer.

dkfearon

well I ran the boiler until the beginning of may this year and shut it down for the year I have a manifold in my basement that a man built for me 5 years ago and every year I start my boiler the same way by going downstairs and turning all my ball valves on to my manifold and then turn on my circulator switches and get both circulators going and then turn on the switch to power up the boiler but this year I have no power to my boiler every other year its been fine so I checked all my wiring as nothing has been touched since I shut it down and I have power going into my aquastat but none going out so I bought a new aquastat but still no power to my boiler checked the switch which is fine and checked the switch at the boiler which I am not getting any power to and checked the fuse which is fine I am lost  my wiring going to the boiler is run in conduit so I wouldn't think I have a broken wire somewhere just lost any ideas would be welcomed

lopet

Somebody who knows how to read a multi meter ( I don't ), can probably tell you if you have a bad wire or not.
Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

beenthere

dk
Did you take a breath while writing that one long sentence ?  ;D ;D ;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Holmes

Sounds like something might be eating your wiring.  Look for animal droppings, nests, chewed up pieces of any thing around the wiring and controls.  Is the main breaker on?
Think like a farmer.

Thank You Sponsors!