iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

BIG, just plain BIG

Started by abeyanko414, September 27, 2004, 11:13:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

abeyanko414

the company my wife works for just bought a new toy.

see for yourself:

www.monstergrinder.com

MULE_MAN

Well they have it named right !!

It's a MONSTER  ;D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDG25 with Simple Setworks, debatker, 580 CASE backhoe

Jeff

Those are built only about a half hour away from me.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

sprucebunny

There was a segment of "Megamachines" about it.TLC or Disc.
Chews up anything ;D
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

rebocardo

Wow, looks like you can just drop root balls right into that thing and end up with mulch.

Reminds me of a junk yard whole car shredder where they drop the whole car in and little bitty pieces come out the other end, engine block and all.

SwampDonkey

Kind of reminds me of those chippers set up on hardwood sites on the crown lands. Whole tree goes in, tops and all and gets spurt into the back end of a van. I think they used 800 HP deisel engines. They had one design with 600 HP gasoline I think, and it would burn up. Its been awhile since I been on tour of these operations. They also used a flail debarker, before the wood was chipped.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Jeff

I know Morbark sold several of these to companies when Hurricane Andrew hit Florida. These things can take all house wreckage and just spit it all in a van. Trees, Roofing, walls, sidewalks, refrideraters, everything. I was told one company made enough with the first one they bought to buy two more for cash and take them down and put them to work.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Tom

Those Tub grinders are real men.  They use them at the refuse dump here to grind up all trees, yard waste and lumber type products.  I think there are conveyors with magnets that remove the metal, which leaves pure ground organic matter.  The Stuff is mulched, turning it over a period of several weeks until it is rich black compost.  It is then stacked at the front of the dump for citizens to remove and take back home for free. You have to do your own loading with shovels, no equipment.

We have a concrete recovery company that is grinding up entire houses.  The wood, concrete shingles, etc are separated from the piping, wiring and stuff like that and sold to citizens for driveway material and things like that.

It all started with the local Government condemning a house that was used for the sale of "crack cocaine" and having it torn down, regardless of age.

A company in Jax called Crush Crete is grinding up concrete blocks, poured concrete, bricks and stuff like that and using it in new concrete as aggregate.  They also sell it for driveway filler and septic tank rock.

The land clearing companies (developers) are using it to grind up trees, shrubs, etc and spreading it back on the land that they are clearing rather than burning logs.  It's still hard to get them to think of sawing the stuff.  Trees are just so much trash to them.

The Cypress mulch plants are using them to create mulch for the sub-division housing market.  That has even led to other machinery for coloring it to meet the demands of color conscious developers and home owners.  That has already been a subject here on another thread. :)

etat

Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

SwampDonkey

I'de like to see one on History channel sometime. I'll keep my @>@ 's open.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

sprucebunny

Last nite "Megamachines" (on TLC) had a Timberjack 560D.
But they just had it running around a field posing. I must have missed the part where they picked up something REALLY BIG with the grapple. They said it had a 10' jaw opening.Is that true?
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

abeyanko414

This certain beast has 1000 hp.

As of Monday, it was on it's way down to Florida

It hasn't been too long since they bought it, and it's booked from now until doomsday.

I don't know if it's true, but I heard its the biggest one in the country.   ??????????????

Thank You Sponsors!