iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Magicman you have no clue...

Started by rasman57, September 27, 2015, 12:18:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rasman57

...how many forum members enjoy your benevolent insight on all things related to our collective interests.  I noticed in another post you were sticking close to home this weekend looking after your wife as you mentioned a blood pressure issue.    Hope all is good.  You are one of the "always read his stuff" gentlemen. 

I never met you but if you run, I'm voting for you.     Always appreciate your stuff.  Best to your bride.

Bruno of NH

Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

clww

I'll echo rasman57's statement, as well.
I don't have a sawmill (yet), but I always enjoy the postings by Magicman.  Actually all of his posts are a "must-read" for me, too.
I think of Lynn as a wise Uncle, always there to lend insight from years of practice and doing. :)
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Ox

One of the last real men remaining.
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

Tree Dan

I too love reading MM posts :P
A real gentleman!
Wood Mizer LT40HD, Kubota KX71, New Holland LS150, Case TR270
6400 John Deere/with loader,General 20" planer, Stihl 880, Stihl 361, Dolmar 460, Husqvarna 50  and a few shovels,
60" and 30" Log Rite cant hooks, 2 home built Tree Spades, Homemade log splitter

gfadvm

Quote from: rasman57 on September 27, 2015, 12:18:30 PM
...how many forum members enjoy your benevolent insight on all things related to our collective interests.  I noticed in another post you were sticking close to home this weekend looking after your wife as you mentioned a blood pressure issue.    Hope all is good.  You are one of the "always read his stuff" gentlemen. 

I never met you but if you run, I'm voting for you.     Always appreciate your stuff.  Best to your bride.

I couldn't have expressed myself this well. Amen!

snowshoveler

If I see a post that the Magic has replied to, I will read it just because he did too.
Seems like I always learn something.
Looks like you have it going on Magicman, well done and thanks for being here.
Regards Chris
International T5 dozer
JD M tractor
MF skidloader
Jonsered chainmill
Vintage Belsaw

Kbeitz

Quote from: snowshoveler on September 27, 2015, 08:57:17 PM
If I see a post that the Magic has replied to, I will read it just because he did too.
Seems like I always learn something.
Looks like you have it going on Magicman, well done and thanks for being here.
Regards Chris
Wow.... I bet you do a lot of reading.
He does his share or posting...
He always has something good to say about almost every post.
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

fishfighter

MM, take care of your bride. I'm praying all is good. High blood pressure is a killer and nothing to play with. More so on us older folks. This also goes out to all that read this post. And yes, I too enjoy MM's posting and learn a lot from them.

thecfarm

A mighty helpful member he is and a mighty nice fellow.  :)
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Sixacresand

I agree with razman57.  I had the opportunity to attend the Chicken Crispin a couple years ago at his place in Mississippi where we met him and Pat.  They made the visit a lot of fun. 
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

GAB

Physically, MM is definetly not the tallest, HOWEVER he has other qualities that sure make up for it and then some.  Some of his comments could be considered Lynnisms.  (Like yogisms).
When I needed an autographed box of grits for Ray he really came through.
Thanks for the wit, comments, and the help.
Gerald
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

Jim_Wahl

The only thing better than reading his posts is talking to him in person!
1997 Peterson 9" WPF since 1998
2004 Baker 3667D since 2014
Cooks Catclaw sharpener and setter

I am from Iowa, but I seem fine.

pineywoods

Quote from: Jim_Wahl on September 28, 2015, 12:14:38 PM
The only thing better than reading his posts is talking to him in person!
Even better is having them both as guests in my house, plus I have been to theirs a couple of times.  Don't get any better...
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

red

Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

valley ranch

Clark

I used to think his name was a bit haughty. However, the more I read from MM the more I realize he lives a charmed life and the name is simply a description, not a title.

I always enjoy his posts, a true gentleman.

Clark
SAF Certified Forester

petefrom bearswamp

One of the HIGHEST highlights of the pig roast was meeting Lynn and pat
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

stihltoomany

I was disappointing that I didn't make it to the pig roast and get to meet him. I will try harder next year. 100% agree with all previous comments.
Way too many saws, mostly STIHL
Bobcat S650, Bobcat 331 excavator Bobcat A770
and other dirt toys
Looking for hyd bandsaw mill, Timberking used maybe? NOT anymore!
WoodMizer LT40 super

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Hello, I am new to the Forestry Forum. Who is this Magicman you speak of?  say_what

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

rasman57

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on September 28, 2015, 08:29:58 PM
Hello, I am new to the Forestry Forum. Who is this Magicman you speak of?  say_what

We look to him for wisdom and experience.  You, on the other hand sometimes make me spit coffee out my nose.  I ALWAYS look at your posts too to see what mischief is being started.....  usually with him in the middle of it.   :D       Never a dull moment on this community forum.     The thread involving Asplund Tree Service and your reincarnation of the firms name comes to mind.   

brianb88

I am relatively new here yet MM is one of a few that I always read his posts. His opinions and values are gold. Write it down. Thanks for all the valuable insight Mr. Lynn
Measure twice, cut once

bkaimwood

Kinda my hero...no really...saw em and leave em...
bk

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: bkaimwood on September 28, 2015, 08:56:47 PM
Kinda my hero...no really...saw em and leave em...

Sorta like the Pig Roast.....Saw him and left him.  :D :D :D :D Luvs ya Lynn!  :)

WDH

He does not sell Lumber.....he gives it away.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

YellowHammer

Magicman is "da Man!"   8) 8)

I don't know how is memory is, but I'm sure he's forgotten more than I'll ever know about this sawdust stuff. ;D

I consider quite a few folks on this Forum the "A" team and that's what makes staying up at night reading about these folks worthwhile.

YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

Texas Ranger

We have a bunch of those old far.....fellas with the knowledge and ability.  WE are blessed.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Texas Ranger on September 28, 2015, 10:11:33 PM
We have a bunch of those old far.....fellas with the knowledge and ability.  WE are blessed.

You're one of them.  :D :D :D :D :D

Bandmill Bandit

Skilled Master Sawyer. "Skilled labour don't come cheap. Cheap labour dont come skilled!
2018 F150 FX4, Husqvarna 340, 2 Logright 36 inch cant hooks and a bunch of stuff I built myself

Jemclimber

I think we've all learned a thing or 3 from MM and are grateful to have him sharing his knowledge and kindness here.
lt15

red

WWMMD . . . what would magic man do
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

petefrom bearswamp

Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Grizzly

Agreed to all of the above.............

Magic, are you embarrassed yet?? You don't seem like the kind of guy to enjoy the attention!  :)

Lyle
2011 - Logmaster LM-2 / Chinese wheel loader
Jonsered saws - 2149 - 111S - 90?
2000 Miners 3-31 Board Edger

Thank You Sponsors!