iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Carb Kit Price

Started by 49er, September 26, 2015, 10:27:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

49er

I was working on a Husky576 non at that developed a bad stumble off idle. I bought this saw new as a 576at and had it ported. Sold it to a logger-friend. The generator screws came loose and really screwed up the case and everything in there. I got lucky and found a complete non at with a bad PC. The generator is about $100 so I just made it non-at.The saw has been running fine for about a year. They prefer it as a landing saw over a 7900 which used to be mine too.
   I cleaned the saw and checked the obvious things. I don't trust most tank vents and did what I usually do. I drill out the metal filter and put a set screw in the end of the tubing like stihl used to do. I thought I had it fixed and was setting the high side when it started messing up and would not reach full speed. Max speed was <10K.
     I shut the saw off and decided to put a kit in the carburetor. Called the local Husky dealer and they had one. :) The carb is a Zama C1M. I think I have been paying $10-$12 for kits. Well I was in for a suprise. $20 for this kit and it was just a gasket and diaphragm kit, no needle and seat or filter screen. :( I know this is not high dollar stuff but what is the going price for carb kits. This kit was a made in China, Husqvarna part.
    I here Zama is a Stihl owned company located in China. Is that why this half-A... kit so high in price?
Husqvarna EC390 365xt
Jonsered 2188 2165 2260 2253 70e
Redmax GZ4000

snowshoveler

The Husky supplied carb kits with huskies number on them are always twice what they should be.
Lots of other companies sell the full brand name kit and its much cheaper.
I have seen a few of the husky kits that were like 50 plus dollars.
That's in Nova Scotia but its still a rip.
Regards Chris
International T5 dozer
JD M tractor
MF skidloader
Jonsered chainmill
Vintage Belsaw

JohnG28

I think you paid the "I need it now" price. It happens, unfortunately. When you can wait they can usually be found online for around  $10 for the complete set.
Stihl MS361, 460 & 200T, Jonsered 490, Jonsereds 90, Husky 350 & 142, Homelite XL and Super XL

deerslayer

Try looking on carbtechsolutions for carb kits. You'll be surprised how much you overpaid... they also go by carbtech21. You can get full kits or just soft parts.
Too many chainsaws, not enough wood.
Stihl, Husky, Craftsman, Mac, Homelite, Poulan. Some live here, some just passing through.

Thank You Sponsors!