iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Paul Bunyan Logging & Forestry show

Started by dboyt, September 24, 2015, 11:22:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dboyt

Hope to meet some FF members at the 2015 Paul Bunyan show near Cambridge, OH.  In addition to the show, there are workshops on logging safety, chainsaw maintenance, lumber drying, milling railroad ties, Stihl Timbersports, a skidsteer "rodeo", and, of course the Great Portable Sawmill Shoot-Out.  Logboy, drobertson and I will be hanging out around the Shoot-out area.  Here's a link: http://www.ohioforest.org/?page=PBSShowFacts
Norwood MX34 Pro portable sawmill, 8N Ford, Lewis Winch

Jeff

I'll be there hanging with the logrite crew, and a good chance accompanied by the elusive Furby. :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

WV_hillbilly

Hillbilly

Robert Owens

Just wanted to see if anyone could tell me what to expect at the Paul Bunyan show and if it is worth the drive from TN? The show's program looks to be very informative and educational. Thanks,

YoungStump

I plan to be there on Saturday. Always enjoy the show, hopefully the weather cooperates better than last year.
Echo Enterprises 45HD2 production series band mill, Cook's Edger, sawing mostly pallet cants, rr ties, and grade lumber.

ocfwjdh

The wife and I will be making the trip up from South Carolina on Friday so we can have all day Saturday to enjoy.  Really excited since this will be my rookie year with the show.

tmbrcruiser

Not sure myself but heading to the show late on Thursday. How can seeing sawmills and logging equipment be a waste of time? Also looking forward to a few days in new country.
Once you get sap in your veins, you will always have sawdust in your pockets.

Nomad

I went a couple of years ago 'cuz I had reason to make a trip up that way.  I enjoyed it!  Had a great time.  You're a lot closer than I am; if I lived where you do I believe I'd make the trip.
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

rooster 58

Which day is the sawmill  shootout?

Geoff Miller

The manual mills run at 1:00pm on Friday Oct. 02 and the hydraulic mills at 10:00am on Saturday Oct. 03.

rooster 58

jmouton

hopefully the weather is good this year,,,last year  it rained ,, sleeted ,  i think it snowed ,  and we were unprepared for it  ,,,  no gloves and light jackets  ,,,  we will be  prepared this year,,,, see ya ll  there ...

jim
lt-40 wide ,,bobcat,sterling tandem flatbed log truck,10 ton trailer, stihl 075,041,029,066,and a 2017 f-350,oh and an edger

drobertson

Looks to be a good chance of rain showers, but temps should be better than last year, the sleet was a little brutal for sure,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

GeneWengert-WoodDoc

Is everyone talking about the Paul B show in eastern Ohio?  I remember last year we had some rain on Friday afternoon, but the seminars are inside.  I do not recall sleet, but maybe I left early. Enough to miss it.

The educational seminars have always had great reviews...very practical.  The sawmill equipment is running during the shoot-out.  Lots of vendors.  I really liked the home-made ice cream booth.

I also recall that maybe ten years ago we had straight-line winds that destroyed maybe half the tents and 6" of rain that required many trick loads of gravel.
Gene - Author of articles in Sawmill & Woodlot and books: Drying Hardwood Lumber; VA Tech Solar Kiln; Sawing Edging & Trimming Hardwood Lumber. And more

4x4American

I have some tickets I would love to see the seminars, but 9 hrs driving with a broken rib and collar bone in a truck that handles like a hungover elephant on roller skates just doesn't seem so appealing right now!
Boy, back in my day..

dboyt

It is an amazing show!  The Shoot-Out is going to be a good one, with both band and swing blade mills, but there is a lot more to see there... lots of equipment and demos.  Seminars are great, too.  Weather forecast looks beautiful, but I'm bringing a heavy coat & rain gear, just in case!  Here is a link to the show schedule.
http://www.ohioforest.org/?page=PBSSchedule

"a truck that handles like a hungover elephant on roller skates"   :D :D :D
Norwood MX34 Pro portable sawmill, 8N Ford, Lewis Winch

logboy

Might want to bring rain gear and mud boots. Looks like it might get a bit messy. There will still be tons to see so dont let a bit of rain get you down.
I like Lucas Mills and big wood.  www.logboy.com

WV_hillbilly

Make sure to bring mud boots   We got 1" of rain yesterday and are supposed to get 1-2" today . With a possibility of more rain this weekend . Temps are going to be in themid to high 50's .  Dont l.et the weather scare you away cause it is a  good show to attend
Hillbilly

EZ

the wife and I will be there Saturday, EZ

ocfwjdh

We are making the trip up tomorrow from SC and look forward to seeing as much as possible.  Should be a great show.

Jeff

I was forced to eat my first koolickle today at show setup.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

beenthere

And.... will you live to see tomorrow?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

drobertson

There are and will be no postponements,  it is muddy now, rain has stopped for now, and pretty fall like not too bad really, lots to see, great folks, very friendly, and some good eating, had some killer brisket in a stuffed potato covered with cheese, sour cream and butter ;D 7 bucks,  I'd say bring your rubber boots, and an umbrella, the vendors are here and willing to make a deal, seen a few already.
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

4x4American

Sounds like fun wish I could come if anyone wants free tickets I lost mine and it's too late anyways so go ask someone else lol
Boy, back in my day..

Robert Owens

I just got back from Ohio and although the rain put a damper on the show I had a great time. This was my time at the show and I was able to learn a lot from the vendors and seeing all the equipment. The seminars taught by Dr. Brian Bond were very good and I learned a lot on grading lumber and cutting for grade. I will definitely go back.

diesel pap

it was a muddy mess. i bought a logrite  :)

WV Sawmiller

Diesel Pap,

Please update your profile with more info so we can see where in WV you are located and such. I hope you got your Forestry Forum discount when you got your Logrite. I love mine but it is lonely and I am afraid I will have to buy another to keep him company.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

NWP

I was there for all 3 days. Great show. Visited with a lot of the vendors and Jeff. Also got to meet Bobby Goodson from Swamp Loggers today before I left. I'll definitely make the trip again.
1999 Blockbuster 2222, 1997 Duratech HD10, 2021 Kubota SVL97-2, 2011 Case SV250, 2000 Case 1845C, 2004 Case 621D, John Deere 540A, 2011 Freightliner with Prentice 120C, 2012 Chevrolet, 1997 GMC bucket truck, several trailers, and Stihl saws.

WV_hillbilly

today was an awesome fall day  the mud even started drying up after the sun came out.   We talked to Tamiam, Kevvin and Zac at Logrite . Missed Jeff and Furby by a few minutes  this morning . Had a great time there and ended the day with a delicious
Logrite brownie before we left for home .
Hillbilly

4x4American

dangit I missed Tammy's brownies again!?
Boy, back in my day..

Ron57

Hi Jeff and All; we went to the Paul Bunyan show for the first time and it was a lot of fun the weather was not so nice but there was so much going on that it was easy to forget it. :)We spent the night at the Salt Forks State Park Lodge, 

Thank You Sponsors!