iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New (to me) edger

Started by redprospector, September 24, 2015, 12:50:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redprospector

Went and picked up my new (to me) edger today.
It belonged to a friend of mine that died a while back. I bought it from his widow, mostly to help her out a little. It's going to take some work to get it going again, but I think it will be ok.
Next week I'm going to look at an LT-40 Super Hydraulic with a bad engine. I never thought so, but I must like mechanicing deep down inside.  :o

1996 Timber King B-20 with 14' extension, Morgan Mini Scragg Mill, Fastline Band Scragg Mill (project), 1973 JD 440-b skidder, 2008 Bobcat T-320 with buckets, grapple, auger, Tushogg mulching head, etc., 2006 Fecon FTX-90L with Bull Hog 74SS head, 1994 Vermeer 1250 BC Chipper. A bunch of chainsaws.

redprospector

It's powered by a 4 cylinder International gas engine. It turns over good, but no fire. I'll have to figure out what's up with that.

1996 Timber King B-20 with 14' extension, Morgan Mini Scragg Mill, Fastline Band Scragg Mill (project), 1973 JD 440-b skidder, 2008 Bobcat T-320 with buckets, grapple, auger, Tushogg mulching head, etc., 2006 Fecon FTX-90L with Bull Hog 74SS head, 1994 Vermeer 1250 BC Chipper. A bunch of chainsaws.

taylorsmissbeehaven

That looks like a fine machine! With a little work you will be in business. Keep us posted on the 40, Brian
Opportunity is missed by most because it shows up wearing bib overalls and looks like work.

sandsawmill14

red it is probably the magneto. at one time my dad collected old tractors and restored them he over 30 at one time but sold off most of them. he still has 1  of every letter series of farmall tractor which is the  same engine you have.anyway what i was getting to is if the coil is good it will be an easy fix most likely just needs cleaning. after you give it a good cleaning if still doesnt fire its most likely the coil. if you have trouble finding parts let me know i might have it, if i dont have it i can give you some phone numbers smiley_thumbsup
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

Magicman

Congrats, now the fun begins.   8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

sealark37

Your power unit appears to be an International UD-9. 

Dave Shepard

Is not a D, and could be a 4 or 6.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

ddcuning

Hey, you found my edger! I put my name on it in case I ever lost it and someone found it!

Congrats on the find.

Dave Cunningham
We're debt free!!! - Dave C, Nov 2015

SPD748

I have that exact same engine for my edger. It's an International H (C-152) engine. From what I gather, it makes around 25 hp.

-lee
Frick 0 Handset - A continuing project dedicated to my Dad.

410 Deere, 240 Massey... I really need a rough terrain forklift :)

Sawing Since 1-19-2013 @ 3:30 pm
Serving Since 2002
"Some police officers give tickets, some gave all."

redprospector

Thanks guy's. What's funny is I helped my friend get it running when he got it about 20 years ago. Now I get to do it again. Back then it just needed a good cleaning and it ran like a top. It was running when he quit using it about 12 years ago, so I hope it's easy this time.

Thank You Sponsors!