iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Ooooops !!!

Started by lopet, September 23, 2015, 11:46:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lopet

...electricuted-smiley electricuted-smiley    smiley_furious    smiley_sweat_drop    smiley_crying    smiley_gossip    smiley_alcoholic_01 smiley_alcoholic_01

... :-[    smiley_gossip    smiley_gossip    laugh_at    :-[    smiley_gossip    laugh_at    :-[    smiley_alcoholic_01

... smiley_headscratch    smiley_speechless    smiley_argue01    no_no   

... splitwood_smiley splitwood_smiley splitwood_smiley smiley_whip smiley_whip smiley_whip

... smiley_sun smiley_sun smiley_sun smiley_sun
Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

WV Sawmiller

Was this somebody's winter wood pile or what? When I saw the title I was expecting to see a big tree laying across someone's truck. Glad nobody appears to have been hurt.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

HiTech

Not good if that was for this winter. lol

Mooseknuckle

Looks like someone had one hell of a marshmellow roast!! :o :o
If that was someone stash if the wood for winter look out :snowball:
Pioneer P51 is look'n for a Buddy!!

LittleJohn

I agree  :o :o

..one time a local deliquent lit up my dads wood pile out in the woods, 10+ pulp wood cord of hardwood cut, split and piled.  Luckily it only burned up the wood pile and few other trees, but it scared several trees on the other side of landing; it could have burned down the whole DARN 40.  The old man got to go to court, once they found out who did it.  Long story short, make sure you have a judge who knows the value of decent trees and firewood; I am not saying my dad made out like a bandit, but the young punk did have to personally pay for a several new trees to be spaded in and the pay back the value of the firewood.

Corley5

A few years ago an old boy lost his late winter/early spring northern white cedar cabin log and fence post production along with his two logging tractors.  It got really dry that spring right after snow melt but his road hadn't dried up enough to get trucks in and out and frost laws were on while he was finishing up.  The cause of the fire was inconclusive but the suspicion was on his Ford 8N and it's underbelly exhaust.  It burned along with a 77 Oliver with a loader that he used to stack his production and plow snow  :( :(
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

lopet

Ok, let's try to put the story in to words and make it a little more understandable.

1.  It was my own wood pile ( or piles )
2.  I was the one who put it on fire ( unintentional )
3.  It was not meant for this coming heating season. So we don't have to freeze our buts off.

It's probably a week ago now when it happened.  Wasn't  really sure if I should post this, but now things are good again and I have to laugh at my self.
I needed some time to absorb all the neighbors gossiping , my buddies making fun of me and then on top of that all the heck I got from the Mrs.

Yes it is pretty embarrassing, for somebody who sells firewood  burning his own wood  and yes it's very good visible from the road.
I have a owb and process my wood in to about 3 footers. All stuff I can't sell,   poplar, cedar, hemlock, punky hardwood etc.
Had that log pile laying in my backyard growing and growing over the years and decided this was the year to clean it up.  But you know that's not what I meant by cleaning up.  So I got everything processed this summer  and probably ended up with three piles with 12-14 cord each.

I also had a brush pile about 30 feet away I wanted to get rid of and the one morning, when we had a 10 km west wind I thought, this is the day to lite it up.  Things are burning away, so far so good, then the wind slowly changed to the south  and probably you know what happened next.
I panic and tried to get the first pile apart with the loader, but the fire spread too fast.  After I realized this it not going to work I tried to plow through between the two piles but again it got too hot in no time.   After that, I thought I should be able to safe at least the one pile which is not in the direction of the wind.  Just about when I thought I did safe it, it caught fire also .  So that was  when I was giving up and went in for lunch.
In about two and a half hours it was all gone.  And no, I did not call the fire department, it was just too embarrassing and I knew the fire can't spread any further once it runs out of fuel.

Afterwords I thought, it was kinda stupid putting myself and my equipment at risk, thinking what all could have gone wrong.

My buddy did make me laugh after all,  when he said that older fire trucks sell pretty cheap at Ritchie Bros. auctions. :D
But now the sun is shining again. ;)

I have to do some digging, but there might be a " before " picture some  where.

Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.

mad murdock

At least you lived to tell the story!  Glad you came through it unscathed! Now eith your jr woodgetter thingamajiggy, you can replace all that wood "lickety split" ;)
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

lopet

Yup, nobody hurt, just my pride.

It's the three piles in the back ground who disappeared  :(

Firewood and wood fire  ;)

Thank You Sponsors!