iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Happy Birthday to us!

Started by Jeff, September 23, 2015, 07:57:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Today is the 15th anniversary of the creation of the Forestry Forum.
bon_fire

Thank you for being part of the ride. :)

Origins of the Forestry Forum
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

slider

al glenn

Magicman

Thank You Jeff for the "birth" for without it, there would be no Birthday. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

submarinesailor

It's hard to believe that I have be here for almost 11.5 years of the 15.  Man time goes by quickly when you're having fun.

Bruce

Raider Bill

9 years for me here. Have met some DanG good Friends, received a lot of help and support and had a great time!

Thanks Jeff!!!

The Million Man
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Corley5

Wow 8) 8) 8) 8)  It's been and is a fun ride  :) 8)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

chet

smiley_clapping
Happy Birthday my eclectic group of friends.

I learned dat big word from Tom.  ;)
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

sandhills

Yes, Happy Birthday!  Jeff, thank you and all the administrators for doing the great job you do, this truly is a class act site.

LeeB

Happy birthday indeed. I've been here 14 years and 2 months. Can't believe Jeff hasn't booted me by now. Heck, I don't recall even ever being out to the woodshed.  :D
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Texas Ranger

It has been a fun ride, for sure.  Jeff, my dad test flew B17's during the war, and while looking at the old posts there was a shot of your father in his flight suit for flying B17's, and I thought it possible he flew one of my dad's test flight planes. 

Ya never know about this sort of thing.  6 degrees and all that stuff.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Warbird

Happy birthday, FF!  Can't believe I registered here 8 years ago.  This place has helped me a lot through the years.  :)

Jeff

Quote from: Texas Ranger on September 23, 2015, 10:29:00 AM
It has been a fun ride, for sure.  Jeff, my dad test flew B17's during the war, and while looking at the old posts there was a shot of your father in his flight suit for flying B17's, and I thought it possible he flew one of my dad's test flight planes. 

Ya never know about this sort of thing.  6 degrees and all that stuff.

Don, did you ever see this topic? The last part has logs from my dad's missions.
https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,50393.0.html
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

mesquite buckeye

Thanks for keeping it running, Jeff. ;D 8) 8) 8) :snowball:
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

Ozarker

I appreciate this forum, and those who've contributed so much over the past fifteen years. Thank you very much, and Happy Birthday!

Texas Ranger

Jeff, do remember, and just reread the series.  I am looking for a photo of my dad in front of one of his B17's.

4x4American

The best forum on the web in my opinion!
Boy, back in my day..

Hilltop366

Happy Birthday!!

I started on here in 2009 to get info on making another DIY sawmill which I have yet to do, perhaps I'll start this winter. :-\

drobertson

Thanks Jeff, and the rest of the gang, as mentioned some real fine folks here always ready to lend a hand, hand out or hand up, just good stuff, hard to beat.
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

lowpolyjoe

Glad I found this place.  Thanks for getting it all started, Jeff.  Interesting backstory in that other thread.

Happy Birthday FF  8)

Texas Ranger

DanG!  Been here 15 years this month.  8)

Chuck White

Been here 7yrs-4mos.

Very happy and thankful I found this site, got on here about 2 weeks after I got my sawmill.

I have been helped by lots of members and I'm hoping I have been able to help a few too.

Thanks for a great site Jeff!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

loggah

Happy Birthday forestry Forum !!!!! ;D ;D
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

Bruno of NH

Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

21incher

Happy Birthday Forestry Forum. Thank you Jeff for giving birth to a forum that has turned into a family. 8)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

47sawdust

Thank you Jeff for this fine and funny forum.It is a great and safe place to gain knowledge,enjoy fellowship,and give each other the needle now and then.
I love reading about the origin of the forum and as Marcel says it's a long way from beginning to end with a few detours to navigate.
Is there CAKE?
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

Thank You Sponsors!