iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

460 Timberjack ?

Started by BargeMonkey, September 22, 2015, 10:26:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BargeMonkey

I had a 450C, which was a good machine but some kid offered well above what I paid so away it went.  :D :D :D
A local guy to me is basically going out, by proxy the same guy I got this hydro ax and store delimber from. When I say clean I mean clean, there is 1 dent in the machine, everything else is mint. 11k hrs, and a fresh Cummins engine installed by Swentons. What I'm wondering is what other problems has anyone else seen ??? Tires are so so, and will need chains, but it's been a 1 owner machine that's never been abused. Is that worth 45k in cash ??? I'm going back grapple and want something with 24.5, 30.5 is just to wide. Do any of you guys have a place for jack parts other than "timberparts" you've had good luck with ? I'm not looking to wrench all the time but I know it's going to happen. It may see 5-700hrs a yr, I'm just sitting here weighing it out.  ;D
2wks of freedom tomorrow, some trees are about to die.  ;)

lopet

Did you win the lottery or what ?
You can tell us and we promise not to be jealous. ;D
Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

timberlinetree

I use a guy out by you for parts sometimes.  I can pm you his number if needed. Only 2 weeks left of boat pic :'(, but glad you'll be doing what you like best.
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

loggah

Harolds logging supply in Hampden Maine.
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

ga jones

kikko is the guy that would know the most. Electronic shift control is what the guys I know have trouble with. Harnesses and solenoids.
380c timberjack c4 treefarmer international trucks jonsered saws. Sugi hara bars d31 komatsu 350 tj grapple

Mooseknuckle

Hey BargeMonkey,  give Michel a call in the below link. They are a distributer for right parts. They blew timberparts prices away    And if your down south of the boarder your gonna get a smokin deal with the exchange :o

http://centremultipieces.com/contact.html
Pioneer P51 is look'n for a Buddy!!

xalexjx

good machine just little elec bugs, solnoids and wore wires, Swintons can get any timberjack parts (through rightparts) and they will direct ship them.
Logging and Processed Firewood

kiko

The 460 are relics around here. I like them however.  I have the factory service manual if you have any trouble. The winch shaft should only turn when using the winch. Some of them required you to mash the service brake pedal to release the parking brake even after switch has been activated.

BargeMonkey

Quote from: Mooseknuckle on September 23, 2015, 07:59:57 PM
Hey BargeMonkey,  give Michel a call in the below link. They are a distributer for right parts. They blew timberparts prices away    And if your down south of the boarder your gonna get a smokin deal with the exchange :o

http://centremultipieces.com/contact.html
Thank you.   I'm half in the air with it, waiting to hear from the accountant on how much to spend for tax purposes.  ;)  just got home, bought that 18" Vermeer chipper tonight, all done fighting brush and cleaning up jobs the hard way.  :D 

Thank You Sponsors!