iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Got my...

Started by HiTech, September 20, 2015, 02:55:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HiTech

fuel injector pump back. 3 of the 4 springs in it were broke. Seals were leaking. It had brass metal filings in where the oil reservoir is. Either someone had poured them in there or the previous owner was putting contaminated oil in the pump. The pump doesn't get oil from the engine you fill it separately. Apparently they had been in there a long time. The cleaning solution used to clean the pump case didn't even loosen them. They had to be scraped out. Got the new filters on and the pump and lines hooked back up. Got fuel as far as the pump and then the skies opened up and the rains came. Maybe tomorrow I will crack a couple injector lines and see if it will fire up. I found it has a cold weather starting option on it. It has a button on the fuel shut off lever when you push it in it gives the engine extra fuel to start on. Never knew it was there and never saw one before. I will have to find out more about it.

bushmechanic

Sounds like this is a Simms injection pump, what's it on?

HiTech

Yes, it is a Simms pump. It is on a English(Dorsett)ford diesel in my C4.

s grinder

Was a very common pump on Ford backhoes,Ford industrial engines,New Holland equipment,seen a lot of failures because people didn't know they had their own reserviours and were not fed by and lubricated by engine oil

crazy4saws

Your talking about the tree farmer C4 series correct? I had heard they came with either a 6 cylinder gas or 4 cylinder english diesel. Has that english diesel given you alot of problems?

Mine has a detroit, not original but thats fine by me. Do you have pics of your c4?

Gearbox

If it is ever hard to start make sure you pull the button out befor you push it in . If it sticks in it will hold the pump from giving full fuel [ lack of power] . I am running one on a 9600 ford . Gearbox
A bunch of chainsaws a BT6870 processer , TC 5 International track skidder and not near enough time

HiTech

Quote from: crazy4saws on September 20, 2015, 09:14:47 PM
Your talking about the tree farmer C4 series correct? I had heard they came with either a 6 cylinder gas or 4 cylinder english diesel. Has that english diesel given you alot of problems?

Mine has a detroit, not original but thats fine by me. Do you have pics of your c4?
The diesel runs good. Good on fuel. So far no problems. Seems to have enough power for the size of the machine. I will see if I can get some pics.

Thank You Sponsors!