iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Ugliest Woodshed Contest!

Started by Loesshillslogging, September 17, 2015, 10:01:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loesshillslogging

Not sure this will take off or not and by the looks of one of my sheds I might have won this contest already, but I just about have it full for 2016-2017 firewood year, and thought we can see what everyone else's woodshed looks like! Haha!

PS: Winner gets steaks from corn fed cattle in Iowa!

beenthere

Alas, I don't have a shed.. all outside on pallets under rubber sheets of roofing material.

But so far, I think you win... ;D  :D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

47sawdust

Better warm up the grill,that is ugly.Just run into the roof a couple times with the tractor forks and it will be perfect.A certain FF member(think GOAT) specializes in custom roof work,might be siding.
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

thechknhwk

breederman

I thought mine was ugly but I feel better about it now !  :D
Together we got this !

r.man

Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

doctorb

I think it's beautiful.  Perfect use of an "aging" structure.
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

Loesshillslogging

I am starting to sense some strong jealous feeling towards my shed, especially if the winter is as brutal with cold and snow as the Farmers Almanac is saying it could be! :)

Well, I am not starting my grill up yet, I know someone out there has a old woodshed that needs "showed off" and could give mine a run for her money!

You firewood guys/gals have a great weekend! Colder and wetter today in Iowa, might just start a fire tonight!

Banjo picker

I hate to tell you, but you are gona lose for sure, because your shed is eat up with patiena, and thats whats hot right now.  Matter of fact, i dont think you can get anymore patiena on that shed.   ;) Banjo
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

WDH

I would say that you are definitely in the lead, by a large margin :D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

lopet

If you're not burning the wood this winter it doesn't really matter if the roof is leaking or some snow gets blown in. :)

The more your tossing inside the more it will hold up the "structure". ;D
Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

Plankton

hmmm  I got one for ya! It doesn't count because I tore it down last year and built a new much larger one. But this was in continuous use from a long time ago at least the 60s. It was "held up" by hardwood sapling poles pounded through the slots in pallets with slab wood siding...originally there were three of these in a sort of U shape, this one was the last to go.

Banjo picker

Wait before declaring the winner.  I just read the post topic and it does not specify fire wood.  Just wood shed.  I have an ole shed full of wood where we tore a barn down probably 30 years ago.  I'll get a picture tomorrow after i get done hauling hay.  Banjo
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

WDH

Hey!  If we are opening it up to "wood" under a "shed", then I might be in the running for an Iowa Steak Dinner  :D. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Banjo picker

WDH if we cant enter we may have to get clarification from the forum laywer. I can't rember his name or we would go ahead and bring him in.  8) Banjo

Loesshillslogging

It's all good firewood friends, post them babies when you can. We can vote while I marinate the steaks! I expect you boys up in the NE to put on a Lobster prize next season!

Cheers!

Banjo picker

Alright here is what remains of a shed full of ole barn wood.  Banjo

lopet

We need a better definition for  a " wood shed ".  I think it at least should have four corners and a roof, but I will leave that up to the op.
Just don't think remains should count.  ;D

Hey Banjo, I probably could take a picture or two of a pile that. :D :D 
Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

timberlinetree

I like pics of old wood sheds. Hope to see more!
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

Jeff

Here is the one on my property.

The wood

The shed

Truck parts out back

And a few implements behind that.

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Banjo picker

Quote from: lopet on September 19, 2015, 09:23:52 PM
We need a better definition for  a " wood shed ".  I think it at least should have four corners and a roof, but I will leave that up to the op.
Just don't think remains should count.  ;D

Hey Banjo, I probably could take a picture or two of a pile that. :D :D

Now Now.... all I am missing is one corner and its there somewhere....The roof is still there, its the part with all the leaves on it.  There is still dry wood in it.  Some of it needs to be got out cleaned up and properly stored.  That stuff is worth a lot more than it was when it went in there....Banjo

Loesshillslogging

Keep them coming! Cut off is Friday, ship them steaks anywhere!

LHL

Loesshillslogging

Noon eastern time was the cut off, time for lunch or dinner as we like to call it. The grill is going and the steaks are on it! Jeff, posted some photo's - thanks! A real wood shed has wood going in and coming out, like mine, for years and years so I guess I win! Imagine that - it must be rigged but it's been a long hard hot summer and it's time to sell some firewood.

Have a great weekend and enjoy the fall all you woodchucks!

LHL

BradMarks

Gonna say that ribeye looks good enough to eat X2 :o

Banjo picker

Is that an electric grill.   :-\ Banjo

Thank You Sponsors!