iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Good site for historical aerial photos

Started by curdog, September 17, 2015, 07:15:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

curdog

http://www.historicaerials.com/
Now that I've wasted way too much time looking on here,  I figured and few others may be interested. I just punched in my address and had photos back to 1953. It's real neat to compare the historic photos next to the more current ones. So if anyone has a few hours to spare check it out ;D

beenthere

curdog
That is awesome.
Looked at the old farmstead where I grew up, and brought back many memories of who lived where, where the old creek was 1/2 mile away, where the neighbor girl lived that I often would visit, etc., etc.
The old farm fields just as I remembered them, and then what they have turned into since that time...60-70 yrs later.
Thanks
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

sawguy21

That is neat, I wish it was available for Canada.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

curdog

It's interesting to look back at the old photos and compare to today. We definitely have a lot more trees in my area now than the photos I looked at from the 40s and 50s. Many of the cotton fields that were too steep to farm or had erosion issues are now in trees.  CRP established quite a bit of them.

Magicman

I tried to find my tree farm, but no luck.   :-\
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

drobertson

Yes, thanks for sharing this one! aerials for our area only went back to 95' but that's ok, got to see the place before we built the house, and 07' before the tornado of 09'  lots more trees for sure before that mess came through,   
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

thecfarm

There was alot more fields than around here back in '63. Seem odd to see that now. The field that I have are still fields,but the other land and fields that got sold are are all grown up now.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

whitepine2

Thanks for the memories nice to see what was and wished still was from 1938 five
years be fore my birth. Very nice to live life over all 72 years worth.

Magicman

I found it, but the address did not work.  I found the Mississippi River and then enlarged looking for the distinctive shape of the farm before I planted trees.  Sadly, the aerials only go back to 1998, but that is OK.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!