The Big E

Started by Tam-i-am, September 15, 2015, 11:30:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tam-i-am

Bluecreeper will be exhibiting at the Eastern States Exposition 9/19-9/22.  The Big E is the biggest ag event on the eastern seaboard and the 5th largest fair in the US.  It represents the 6 New England states.  It is home to one of the oldest and most esteemed horse shows in the country, several car shows and lots of live entertainment.  This year Charlie Daniels band will open. 

Each state has their own building for exhibiting things produced in that state.  Bluecreeper will be in the beautiful Connecticut building with Pez and Lego and many other vendors.

I know all of you will be coming to see Kevin and myself ;D but you can see Southside Johnny & the Asbury Jukes the first three days we are there and Anita Ward on the fourth day.

This will be the biggest event we have ever done so we are very excited and a little nervous. 

Get Stuff Moving Today!  www.bluecreeper.com  www.facebook.com/Bluecreeper

Tam-i-am

So tomorrow's the big day.  Schick is giving away free razors in the booth today.  Tomorrow before the show we get to set up and open shop.

Here's a little history about the building we will be in.  For those that don't know it is a replica of CT's Old State House.  It was built in 1938 and opened its doors in 1939.  In 1941 during WWII it served as a kitchen for troops stationed at the fair grounds which became an Army Ordnance Depot.  It wasn't released back to the state until 1946.

beenthere

Lather up with some Blue Creeper ought to give a real smooth slick shick shave...   8)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Tam-i-am

Tam-i-am

I guess I had no idea how big the Big E was.  over 73,000 people walked through the gates on opening day and over 93,000 on the second.

We certainly have spoken to a good number of people about BC!

Here's a pic of the booth.  Right next to us is a chocolatier.  She covers the normal things like strawberries and cookies but then she also dips bacon, doritos, wasabi peas, peanut butter stuffed jalapenos and dill pickles.  It is hard to keep people's attention when they realize she has chocolate covered bacon. ;D

coxy

had no idea about the big E  hope every thing goes well for you

Tam-i-am

Well it is good to be home. 

But only for a few days.  This Saturday is Celebrating Ag at the Woodstock Fairgrounds in Woodstock, CT.  and the weekend after that is Paul Bunyan Show in Cambridge, OH.