iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I need help please with my fuel line

Started by brucec, September 14, 2015, 08:11:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brucec

Hello i have a shiwenda 575, and the fuel line has rotten out. I cant find a replacement line anywhere on the internet. So i went to my local saw shop. He told me that he might have to, make a fuel line for it and it would take 30min too 1 hour to make it. That's going cost like me around $80, pulse the cost for the fuel line >:(. I get the feeling he is not interested in looking at it all. He just had to remove the to 2 screws that hold the air filter net to the carb to have a good look. This is the second time going back there now.. I know im by myself on this one. So dose anybody know ware i can track down a fuel line for it. Or alternatives, i can use.. can i use fuel lines from another saw like an ECHO for example. THANKS ;D   

sawguy21

It depends how far the saw has to come down to install the line, I am not that familiar with Shindaiwas. Removing the air filter and rewind housing might be enough. Cut the end of the new line at a sharp angle, feed it from the carb to the tank, fish it out through the filler opening and nip it off square. Install the filter then adjust the length so the filter reaches the bottom of the tank with the saw laying on it's side.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

brucec

putting in the new line in wont be hard, its finding the replacement line that seems header then it needs to be. thanks for the reply

Oliver1655

In our area, local auto parts stores have a fairly good selection of "Tygon" fuel lines sold by the foot.  Take your old line in with you to match it up as there are 4 common sizes used.
John

Stihl S-08s (x2), Stihl S10 (x2), Jonsered CS2139T, Husqvarna 338XPT California, Poulan Microvibe XXV, Poulan WoodShark, Poulan Pro 42cc, McCulloch Mini-Mac 6 (x2), Van Ruder Hydraulic Tractor Chainsaw

sawguy21

old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Warped

Also try a sled shop, primer lines are smaller than the usual 1/4 inch. Most are 3/16. I'm replacing the line on an 009 as I type......
Is it clear line (could be yellow or blue)? Just wondering if it is black like Goodyear, that usually has a larger O.D.
Good with the rough stuff and rough with the good stuff

brucec

okay. thanks all for the replays here is some pic's of the fuel line and ware it go's in to the tank. it's next to the flat head. the fuel line has a wired flange on it   it might be hard to find.i well look at NAPA auto parts

Warped

Looks like 3/16, not sure what that connector is. Union? That what he meant by "have to "make one up"?  Right side looks smaller, possibly?
Maybe that is to seal the tank against leaks?
My guess is it goes in that hole and acts as a seal, like a snowmobile. I always use dish soap to get them in, a real pita.

Spike60

None of us really seem to know enough about Shindaiwas to be giving this guy useful advice.  :)  I'm one of them too, but...........

If the fuel line was a constant diameter type, like a 372, then this would be easy and some of the suggestions made here could be helpful. But it doesn't look like that type of line from the pics.

If the fuel line is grommeted where it goes through the tank, or is a model specific molded line as on a 562 and most stihls, then you ought to keep shopping for the correct line. Many times the correct line must be used in order to seal properly as it goes through the tank. Molded lines have to bend in all the right places to avoid pinching that would restrict fuel flow.

So, the needle in the haystack is to find a dealer that still has this line in stock, assuming it is NLA from the factory. Most dealers aren't going to have this stuff listed online. I'd suggest you use the dealer locator and just start calling Shindaiwa dealers until you find one who has the line. Easier said than done since the Echo takeover, but give it a try.
Husqvarna-Jonsered
Ashokan Turf and Timber
845-657-6395

Warped

Quote from: Spike60 on September 15, 2015, 06:45:48 AM
None of us really seem to know enough about Shindaiwas to be giving this guy useful advice.  :)  I'm one of them too, but...........

If the fuel line was a constant diameter type, like a 372, then this would be easy and some of the suggestions made here could be helpful. But it doesn't look like that type of line from the pics.

If the fuel line is grommeted where it goes through the tank, or is a model specific molded line as on a 562 and most stihls, then you ought to keep shopping for the correct line. Many times the correct line must be used in order to seal properly as it goes through the tank. Molded lines have to bend in all the right places to avoid pinching that would restrict fuel flow.

So, the needle in the haystack is to find a dealer that still has this line in stock, assuming it is NLA from the factory. Most dealers aren't going to have this stuff listed online. I'd suggest you use the dealer locator and just start calling Shindaiwa dealers until you find one who has the line. Easier said than done since the Echo takeover, but give it a try.
You could be right, but as of now he found what he needed and is looking to save $80. It seems he believes if this guy can make it, so can he. My buddy is a Shindawa dealer, at least he was, I haven't seen him in about 20 years. I may be going by his place today, maybe Ill stop in and see him.

Spike60

Where does he say he found what he needed?  :-\

If he locates the correct fuel line it will only cost about $5; not $80.
Husqvarna-Jonsered
Ashokan Turf and Timber
845-657-6395

Warped

Quote from: Spike60 on September 15, 2015, 09:03:22 AM

If this guy says he can fix it for 80, and knows what he is talking about then I'd guess the materials can be had for around $2. Of course a pre-bent line would be ideal, if called for and available....

Spike60

Quote from: Warped on September 15, 2015, 11:26:23 AM
Quote from: Spike60 on September 15, 2015, 09:03:22 AM

If this guy says he can fix it for 80, and knows what he is talking about then I'd guess the materials can be had for around $2. Of course a pre-bent line would be ideal, if called for and available....

This will be a pointless side argument, and I should know better. But since you chose to correct me twice, I will take you up on it. Don't take it personal, I may just still be mad at Eli Manning.

You first need to sharpen your reading comprehension skills a little bit. The OP did not say he had found what he wanted. He did not say he was going to make one up like the dealer he visited. He DID say he was going to see what NAPA had available. I was suggesting that he'd be better off with the right part and he should keep looking for it.

And thanks to Hilltop366, the OP's life will be much easier as all he has to do is order a $4 part that will FIT instead of spending how much time trying to cobb together a multi-diameter fuel line that will probably leak.
Husqvarna-Jonsered
Ashokan Turf and Timber
845-657-6395

brucec

WOW THANKS, you guys for all the help, seriously thanks smiley_beertoast Right so it looks like Hilltop366 link to e replacement parts is the right one, thanks Hilltop366  8)  So I ordered it. If it works i well post it here. Thanks for all your time.

Hilltop366

Your welcome brucec, I did a google search for shindaiwa 575 parts.

I hope it works out well for you.

Warped

Didn't say he found what he wanted, said he found what he needed, fortunately your search saved him $70......Go Romo! :D :D :D

Spike60

Quote from: Warped on September 16, 2015, 06:18:08 AM
......Go Romo! :D :D :D

Ouch!  :)

Yeah, he's a seriously underrated QB.  I just KNEW they gave him too much time. Giants never got near him either. He could have sat in a lawn chair waiting for guys to get open.

Husqvarna-Jonsered
Ashokan Turf and Timber
845-657-6395

beenthere

We don't know where Spike60 hails from.

Maybe click on your forum name, and go fill out your Bio for at least general location.  tks.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

ZeroJunk

Spike60

Quote from: beenthere on September 16, 2015, 02:51:05 PM
We don't know where Spike60 hails from.

Maybe click on your forum name, and go fill out your Bio for at least general location.  tks.

Done. I thought I did that once before though.  ???
Husqvarna-Jonsered
Ashokan Turf and Timber
845-657-6395

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

brucec

HEY it works  ;D i just got here today... Thanks so much. You saved me some $$$$..  You guys, you all rock smiley_hollywood_cool

joe_indi

Many a time I have done a very good substitute job on various brands of saws using the Husky 372 fuel line (the most generous in length) and the tank grommet of the Stihl FS85 brushcutter.
Works like a dream everytime.

Kingmt

Sawmill=Harbor Freight Item#62366
Chainsaws=MS180CBE(14"), MS290(18"), MS038(20"), MS660(20" & 36")
Staff=1Wife & 5 Kids :)
Please excuse my typing. I don't do well at catching auto correct.

Thank You Sponsors!