iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Old Equipment

Started by Ohio_Bill, September 13, 2015, 02:19:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ohio_Bill

Using equipment close to 40 years old requires some TLC and a lot of Googleing for parts.  The winch is a Greamatic  21 which was made for Massey by Gearmatic . Has its own self-contained hydraulic system to run the controls. The control cable broke this week . Found a company that will make me one . Midwest Control .   Hopefully be back up and running this week .

Bill
USAF Veteran  C141 Loadmaster
LT 40 HDD42-RA   , Allis Chalmers I 500 Forklift , Allis Chalmers 840 Loader , International 4300 , Zetor 6245 Tractor – Loader ,Bob Cat 763 , Riehl Steel Edger

snowstorm

that looks alot like the snow plow cables i have.

David-L

That cable also looks like a loader cable for a John Deere 245 loader. goes from the joystick control to the spool valve for the loader. Those loaders were on the 50 and 55 series ag tractors mid to late 80's.  I have bought a few of them cables, maybe match it up at the JD dealer with a little luck. I have one still thats good. If they match , it's yours you pay shipping.
In two days from now, tomorrow will be yesterday.

Ohio_Bill

Thanks David that is a very generous offer. I have all ready ordered one from Midwest. It is 65 inch long with ¼ inch fine thread ends.  Same application as your loader . Control handle to spool valve.
Bill
LT 40 HDD42-RA   , Allis Chalmers I 500 Forklift , Allis Chalmers 840 Loader , International 4300 , Zetor 6245 Tractor – Loader ,Bob Cat 763 , Riehl Steel Edger

chester_tree _farmah

254xp
C4B Can-Car Tree Farmer
Ford 1720 4wd loader hoe

Warped

Love the old stuff!......and with good reason, it's all I can afford!
Good with the rough stuff and rough with the good stuff

Pine Ridge

I enjoy looking at the older skidders, that one is just fine in my book!
Husqvarna 550xp , 2- 372xp and a 288xp, Chevy 4x4 winch truck

Ohio_Bill

It's not usually that clean. Had the winch problem pop up and a few other things that needed attention so I pulled the old girl out of the woods fixed some stuff, changed the oil and gave her a bath.
Bill

treeslayer2003

thats a good lookin old skidder, it reminds me of a clark. odd to have inboard planetary s on an older machine.
Bill that cable, you could got from any industrial supply. the ends could be changed for dollars and a couple inches long wouldn't hurt. non of the oems made those cables, they were outsourced.

coxy

nice looking skidder  looking at where the planetarys would be kind of reminds me of the 440 jd with the two bolts going in the hub

Ohio_Bill

It's a very stable machine. The axles are mounted solid and the rear frame oscillation is 21deg each side of center with an oscillation damper. Only 80 hp, so not a real power house. I only log about 50k a year so just fine for me. Hope it last forever.
Bill

coxy

what does it have for a motor

Ohio_Bill

Bill

Ohio_Bill

Got the control cable installed and the skidder is back up and running . I had ordered it from MidWest  Control they did a great job and shipped very quickly. Now have a new project . A excavator friend of mine found this 840 Alllis Chalmers for me that had been sitting for 5 years.  It runs , moves and stops . going to take some TLC but I have great hopes for it . 

Bill

treeslayer2003

i have a 940 with the counter weight, very good strong loaders. prolly the best handling wheel loader we ever had. what engine does that have? i have seen them with detroits, mine has a 6-49T AC with an allison 3 speed.

ga jones

Looks like the same axles in that as a c4 tree farmer
380c timberjack c4 treefarmer international trucks jonsered saws. Sugi hara bars d31 komatsu 350 tj grapple

chester_tree _farmah

Quote from: ga jones on September 26, 2015, 02:30:17 PM
Looks like the same axles in that as a c4 tree farmer

Yah I noticed that too. They must have been popular back in the day.
254xp
C4B Can-Car Tree Farmer
Ford 1720 4wd loader hoe

Ohio_Bill

Quote from: treeslayer2003 on September 26, 2015, 09:01:06 AM
i have a 940 with the counter weight, very good strong loaders. prolly the best handling wheel loader we ever had. what engine does that have? i have seen them with detroits, mine has a 6-49T AC with an allison 3 speed.

This one has a Perkins  4 cyl    248          I was told the transmission is a 3 speed clark but I am not sure . I dont have it hauled home yet .
Bill

treeslayer2003

Quote from: Ohio_Bill on September 26, 2015, 06:12:05 PM

This one has a Perkins  4 cyl    248          I was told the transmission is a 3 speed clark but I am not sure . I dont have it hauled home yet .
i could be wrong on the trans, its really hard to see.
ain't nuthin wrong with a perkins. my 940 really is over powered for log handling. maybe great for dirt. mine has the skinny 14-24 rubber unfortunately. that with the counter weight, she ain't much good in a wet field.

coxy

Ohio_Bill

Looks like I am starting a home for old Allis Chalmers Equipment . I have had the I500 for several years and it has served me well .

Bill

lopet

Hhmmmm, now that's always what i wanted, even if I don't  have a whole lot to do for a unit like that .   Now i am jealous.
Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

redprospector

I've got a 440b JD skidder, a 450b JD dozer, a 311C Hydro-Ax feller buncher (that is for sale  ;)), and an old log loader. I'm no stranger to old equipment. I've had one new piece of equipment in my life, and got rid of it after 5 months.
If I had all new stuff I wouldn't have much, and could only do one thing. With my old stuff I can have lots of equipment, and can do about anything I want.  ;D
1996 Timber King B-20 with 14' extension, Morgan Mini Scragg Mill, Fastline Band Scragg Mill (project), 1973 JD 440-b skidder, 2008 Bobcat T-320 with buckets, grapple, auger, Tushogg mulching head, etc., 2006 Fecon FTX-90L with Bull Hog 74SS head, 1994 Vermeer 1250 BC Chipper. A bunch of chainsaws.

oldseabee

I remember back when I worked in the Clark factory we built some small front end loaders for M/F, that used the Clark transmission and axles, so I wouldn't be surprised to see a Clark 28000 3 speed trans in that skidder, but there should be a tag somewhere on it.

Ohio_Bill

I was wondering how to check the oil in the transmission?also does it take TCH or ATF ?  Thanks
Bill

Thank You Sponsors!