iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What are you working on?

Started by Dave Shepard, September 08, 2015, 06:15:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brendonv

Is your friend a wood worker. Or is this all you?

Looks great btw.
"Trees live a secret life only revealed to those that climb them"

www.VorioTree.com

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Vorio-Tree-Experts-LLC/598083593556636

kettleviewtimber

My students working on a 20' x 30' timber frame shop.

Dave Shepard

Quote from: brendonv on October 08, 2015, 07:47:57 PM
Is your friend a wood worker. Or is this all you?

Looks great btw.

This is one of the projects we have where I work. I don't help with the roofing or sheathing.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

beenthere

kettleviewtimber
Is that big Makita in the last pic powered by a battery pack, or just not plugged in ??   

Interesting pics..   thanks
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Piston

Quote from: brendonv on September 10, 2015, 04:32:33 PM
Dave,the op, was gracious enough a couple weeks ago to give me a personal course. That next weekend i knocked out all 8 corner braces. Laying out a corner brace just never sank in until dave showed me, and that had always kept me from going forward in timber framing. Now its a no brainer.  8)

Im working on a wood shed, 12'x16 or 18'. My first tf.

Brendon,
Off topic, but....do you race in the area?  Yellow background with black numbers, are you a "B" rider?  Nice projects by the way!
-Matt
"What the Lion is to the Cat the Mastiff is to the Dog, the noblest of the family; he stands alone, and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed his temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race."

brendonv

Not super competative because i do so much and need to spread the $$ but...

Im often at southwick 338 doing ride days, Stimilon races etc.
"Trees live a secret life only revealed to those that climb them"

www.VorioTree.com

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Vorio-Tree-Experts-LLC/598083593556636

Piston

Quote from: brendonv on October 11, 2015, 07:31:26 AM
Not super competative because i do so much and need to spread the $$ but...

Im often at southwick 338 doing ride days, Stimilon races etc.
Cool, I was at Southwick for both J Day races this year.  Maybe I'll see ya out there sometime!
-Matt
"What the Lion is to the Cat the Mastiff is to the Dog, the noblest of the family; he stands alone, and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed his temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race."

Dave Shepard

It's not a suspension bridge, I swear! :D

Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Bandmill Bandit

Aspen fire place mantle to start a clients bedroom reno project which will include all the bedroom furniture , rolling barn doors for closets, floors, etc. All aspen. I hope I have enough dry lumber to do it all. should be close but not much room for mistakes.

Skilled Master Sawyer. "Skilled labour don't come cheap. Cheap labour dont come skilled!
2018 F150 FX4, Husqvarna 340, 2 Logright 36 inch cant hooks and a bunch of stuff I built myself

Piston

-Matt

fishfighter

That is way up there. Be careful.

Me, just been working on beating the flu. >:(

Brian_Weekley

I think Piston nailed it!   :D

e aho laula

Brad_bb

Dave, are those salvaged iron/steel factory windows?  I am intending to do two large fixed steel windows in a project in that style with an arch on top of each.  I may end up making them myself if I can't find anyone to do it at a reasonable cost.
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

Dave Shepard

Yes, they are. They were supplied by the home owner, so I don't know any more than that. They were blasted and powder coated.

Piston

Quote from: Brian_Weekley on October 21, 2015, 07:30:02 PM
I think Piston nailed it!   :D

:D :D :D That really adds the finishing touch  :D :D
-Matt

Dave Shepard

Seven fifties and two forties. Sawing tomorrow. 8)

Piston

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Looking forward to the sawing pics! 
-Matt

bruce hare

Dave  where dem trees come from maybe bill m. What's dia small end?
nuts over wood

Dave Shepard

Not from bill m. Small end up to about 22".

bruce hare

What size timber do they need to yield for your proj
nuts over wood

Dave Shepard

Biggest is 12"x12". We might double up on some of the smaller timbers.

bruce hare

12/12 should be no prob if der straight. I was wondering, back in the70/80 s ther was lot of talk bout local mills having construction grade lumber stamped for framing.  What are u having to hoop through in ma. ?
nuts over wood

Dave Shepard

Timber frames don't seem to get bothered much. This is in NY, and the drawings specifically say stamped or graded timbers not required.

bruce hare

That's great. As it should be! Keep up the good work and let's see some pics :)
nuts over wood

Thank You Sponsors!