TimberKing Sawmills

The Largest Inventory of Used Chainsaw Parts in the World

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Forest Products Industry Insurance

Norwood Industries Inc.

Sawmill & Woodlot Magazine

Wood Processing equpment. Splitters, Processors, Conveyors

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Comstock Logging

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

Woodshax Outdoor Vending Solutions

Forestry Forum Tool Box

Author Topic: What are you working on?  (Read 22788 times)

Offline dukndog

• A Traveling Man
Re: What are you working on?
« Reply #180 on: March 02, 2017, 02:34:21 pm »
DonP,

I've visited that mill several times. Certain events from the National Parks will let visitors go inside of it.
On another note, about a mile south of the mill is a steam powered sawmill in a barn. It is on private property but you can see the boiler, stack and millworks from the road. Lots of elk in Boxley valley as well!!

Rich Miller
WM LT-15G25 w/PwrFeed, Mahindra 3510, Husky 385xp, Stihl MS261 and a wife who supports my hobby!!

Offline Don P

• Senior Member x2
    • Calculator Index
« Reply #181 on: March 02, 2017, 09:49:55 pm »
Road trip  :D
I like it around there.. well, there are few places I don't like.
Have any of you seen horsepower numbers posted for one of those old mills?  I'm not coming up with over 20 hp and that would be a stretch. Then I think. late 1800's, 20 horsepower, that would be something else. I then flipped a few appliances on in the house and stalled that wheel, we're definitely spoiled.

Offline Don P

• Senior Member x2
    • Calculator Index
« Reply #182 on: March 22, 2017, 09:22:35 pm »
I drew this a few years ago thinking about selling some exempt accessory structures. In my state that is 256 sf or below. This has a 12x20' footprint, it just happens to have 4' overhangs. The rafters are almost balanced which should help with thrust at the tiebeam joint

The white pine was cut a little over a year ago. The power company helicopter cleared my line and having seen what happens to the trees a few years later, including hitting the line and tripping the breaker, I asked them just to drop the trees alongside the line. I've had some time to play so this is where I was at this evening, the other 2 bents are roughed out and should fit up tomorrow. I'll make "brace panels" that bolt through the posts as units to make this thing easier to set up for display, take down and reassemble on site.