iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

That is a tough band

Started by kelLOGg, September 08, 2015, 05:47:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kelLOGg

I was watching the squaring arm to make sure the band didn't hit it and failed to notice the log clamp...

It was cut at an angle and into a weld and the blade did not even deflect. Removed the blade for re-sharpening and there were no missing teeth. Cooks Excel black series.
Bob
Cook's MP-32, 20HP, 20' (modified w/ power feed, up/down, loader/turner)
DH kiln, CatClaw setter and sharpener, tandem trailer, log arch, tractor, thumb tacks

fishfighter

Every time I hit, my blades are finished for good. ;D

4x4American

Pretty good!

I often wonder how practical it would be to get a metal blade for my mill for cutting steel...
Boy, back in my day..

taylorsmissbeehaven

Im afraid I might really do some damage with a metal blade. I have been lucky  ::) with the lt 35 but the poor lt 15 has many wounds, Brian
Opportunity is missed by most because it shows up wearing bib overalls and looks like work.

5quarter

Ain't that somethin... 8) I read somewhere that Tim Cook Slowed the band speed way down on one of his saws and was able to cut a 4' piece of mild steel bar stock lengthwise without dulling the blade. :o 
What is this leisure time of which you speak?
Blue Harbor Refinishing

4x4American

Really?  With a wood blade?  I wood have figured to make blade go faster if anything!  Shows what I know lol
Boy, back in my day..

Kbeitz

Quote from: 4x4American on September 10, 2015, 11:11:32 AM
Really?  With a wood blade?  I wood have figured to make blade go faster if anything!  Shows what I know lol
The heat form the speed would kill it...
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

Thank You Sponsors!