iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Flat tire on my table saw!

Started by 47sawdust, September 07, 2015, 06:37:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

47sawdust

I never thought I'd have to do a tire repair on a table saw,but I guess there is a first time for everything.I've got a Bosch 10'' saw with a gravity rise stand and sure enough a tire went flat.Shoe Goo to the rescue and back in business.Shoe Goo and Blue Creeper are my go to remedies lately.I did a repair on my backhoe tire with Shoe Goo and conveyor belting and it is working good.
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

Banjo picker

I need a little more info on how that works...I have used it on a shoe.  Banjo
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

Corley5

How do you like your Bosch saw ???  I'm in the market for a portable table saw and have been eyeing them pretty close.  My big old cast iron Rockwells are kinda tough to move around.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

47sawdust

Banjopicker,
My tire patch was on two tires ,one front on the sidewall,one rear between the lugs on an R-4 tire.Both tires still held air prior to the patch job.Cleaned the rubber ,applied a liberal amount of Shoo Goo bedded the conveyor belt patch in to the goo followed with more goo.I let it sit for two days and it is going to stay.Mind you this is an on farm machine.

Corley5,
My 10'' Bosch is a great table saw.Gravity rise stand and two out feed tables.It is a pleasure to use and I would recommend it highly.Very easy to move,especially when both tires hold air.

Best to you both,Micks
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

submarinesailor

Quote from: Corley5 on September 07, 2015, 08:18:48 AM
How do you like your Bosch saw ???  I'm in the market for a portable table saw and have been eyeing them pretty close.  My big old cast iron Rockwells are kinda tough to move around.

Corley5 - This is the one I have:  http://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-15-amp-10-in-Heavy-Duty-Portable-Table-Saw-with-Stand-R4513/100090444.  Been very happy with it, but I also remember that it is NOT a cabinet/1000 lb shop saw.  This is the blade I have on it now:  http://www.homedepot.com/p/Diablo-10-in-x-50-Tooth-Combination-Saw-Blade-D1050X/202786854.  Did not like the blade that came with it.  Remember if you take a vet/retired military with you when you purchase it, you get 10% of....up to $500.

Bruce

Thank You Sponsors!