iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Entry level band sawmil

Started by Wayne_Stevens, June 12, 2018, 05:32:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wayne_Stevens

Thanks for the information Paul. Is that cost with a trailer package? I don't want to leave it at the woodlot if I'm not there.  There is a Hud-son dealer only a few minutes away from the woodlot, but they don't have a small trailer model. Leaning towards a Thomas or Woodland Mills trailer model. Thomas is only 3 hours from home.

Frontier_Paul

No sir no trailer included in that price. I feel sure any of those mills will suit your needs. Once you been doing it for a while you will get the bug to upgrade just as have.
 good luck!!!

Wayne_Stevens

Didn't realize WM are made in China, I thought Canada.  Looking at other domestic brands along with the Thomas. Anyone familiar with Turner?

Magicman

Just to clarify that your WM = Woodland Mills, not Wood-Mizer.  ;D 

Wood-Mizer does have an entry level LT10 sawmill. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Wayne_Stevens

Bruno of NH

Turner makes a nice mill
But doesn't use flanges roller guides. 
If he did I think they would be much better.
I know someone who has his top of the line hydraulic mill.
Put cooks roller guides on cuts much much better.
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Wayne_Stevens

Visited the Thomas booth today at the Fryeburg Fair and looked at their mills. They are well built mills, relatively local to me, and now are standard with siding option. Looks good for the $$.

thecfarm

@Wayne_Stevens,is that the one that the head is offset by a lever? If it is,I saw it at the Bangor,ME show. Cut the cant and tilt the head. No need to remove the cant and put a jig on and saw siding.
I have one and like it. I have the movable bunk,can cut a piece of stove wood lenght wood by just moving the bunks.
Yes,they are built. I don't move mine,but had it for many years and only levered it once to set it up. I have flipped some big ones on the bunks.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Thank You Sponsors!