iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Logosol 260 feed works challenges

Started by bond-lumber, September 05, 2015, 11:56:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bond-lumber

I wonder if anyone has experience with the Logosol 260 feed works.  I have a (new to me) used 260 that i have just run my first batch of 1x6 T&G flooring through (about 4k lineal ft).  Worked well but the variable speed mechanism failed - (long story) but i have just replaced it with a new one from Bailey's and have run about 15 ft through it and is slowly looses speed and then stalls (the motor quits turning the feed rollers), If i take the entire feed works off the machine i can turn the rollers by hand (not too tough to do that).  The first thing that i found was that the new variable speed mechanism is quite hot ( in only about 2-3 min of running without any load on it ... it still gets hot!).  I called Baileys and he said that i have to install the breather valve on the side of the unit and that will allow pressure to be relieved???)  Is this a sign that my motor is failing and too hot that would get the feed mechanism too hot??

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Mobile Dimension, Newman 8b, Logosol 260

thechknhwk

Wish I could help, but the closest issue I've had is cutter #2 tripping the breaker then not wanting to restart.

bond-lumber

Does the motor get hot to the touch???  It doesn't take long for my motor and the variable speed mechanism to get quite hot to the touch!

Mobile Dimension, Newman 8b, Logosol 260

thechknhwk

I ran about 400' of pine a couple days ago and the motor does get warm, but not hot and the variable speed mechanism does not get hot.

Thank You Sponsors!