iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Mill Video

Started by JustinW_NZ, September 04, 2015, 05:31:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JustinW_NZ

Hi all

I just finished trying my hand at making a video around the mill with a gopro and software.
here's my first attempt ;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTN1e11cNJY

Shows a fair amount of me in the loader roaming around gathering up a couple of logs, then loading one big one onto the mill.
Shows some NZ native bush and an area that had a small cyclone go through a couple of years ago which is why some of this native timber is being harvested.

Be gentle on me!

Cheers
Justin
Gear I run;
Woodmizer LT40 Super, Treefarmer C4D, 10ton wheel loader.

drobertson

that's pretty cool Justin, I have entertained the thought of getting one, the quality of the picture is very good in my opinion.   
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Magicman

Nice, plus I like your support equipment.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Ga Mtn Man

That loader sure looks clean...is it new?
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

JustinW_NZ

drobertson - Gopro hero3 white, and that wasn't even on the high video setting!

magicman & Ga Mtn Man - loader just clocked 68hours!

this is a LARGE portable job and I couldn't live without the loader to be honest.
The logs are NZ native beech and the fatter ones the lt-40 just cant load them as their wet weight is large.

We stack the boards onto stacks in front of the mill and once we have a bundle use the loader with pallet forks to move the bundles out and stack them.
The quick hitch on the loader is REALLY handy.

thanks for the comments, my ears are all open

cheers
Justin
Gear I run;

ScottInCabot

What are your thoughts on the GoPro studio?
Have you 'played' with the time lapse stuff yet?

Love my GoPro Silver 3, the 1080 is really great and 720 doesn't hurt someone to watch either!  I often use the chest harness while up in trees at work(more for my later years then for educational purposes), and I've also used it while milling in the backyard on the, now gone, LT-10.

I'm sure I'll be able to find some cool places to mount the small camera on the LT-28 when I get to look at it  ;)  Should make for some unique perspective while running a mill?!?!

Cool tractor!

Scott in Cabot
Timber framing RULES!

JustinW_NZ

Hi Scott

Gopro studio makes a lot more sense if you watch a couple of tutorial videos on youtube first I found.
Pretty straight forward to get the basics sussed after that.
Of course as per my first attempts above it doesn't make you a master of video production overnight

I did a timelapse camera shot which I put on the end of that video just for interest.

All that video was just 720p and yes 1080 is stunning.
It took my long enough to get a suction mount and start using it, so a chest harness could be cool but I will keep sticking it to the mill for now!

I do like using the gopro app to control the camera, beats trying to figure out the buttons and what its looking at.
Stuck it on the back of the loader for a tight spot and used it as a reversing camera 2 haha

there's a couple of pics of the loader on our facebook page www.facebook.com/logs2lumberltd/

Cheers
Justin

Quote from: ScottInCabot on September 05, 2015, 09:25:35 AM
What are your thoughts on the GoPro studio?
Have you 'played' with the time lapse stuff yet?

Love my GoPro Silver 3, the 1080 is really great and 720 doesn't hurt someone to watch either!  I often use the chest harness while up in trees at work(more for my later years then for educational purposes), and I've also used it while milling in the backyard on the, now gone, LT-10.

I'm sure I'll be able to find some cool places to mount the small camera on the LT-28 when I get to look at it  ;)  Should make for some unique perspective while running a mill?!?!

Cool tractor!

Scott in Cabot
Gear I run;

Sixacresand

I love your Facebook pictures. 
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

logs2lumber

I like the decal on your profile

JustinW_NZ

Quote from: logs2lumber on September 06, 2015, 01:57:39 AM
I like the decal on your profile

haha just spotted your username :)

yes, logs 2 lumber limited is our company name here in NZ, just got the new company logo done recently, glad you like it, we did too.

Cheers
Justin
Gear I run;

4x4American

Love watching these videos while I'm laid up!  Almost kinda sorta makes me feel like I'm doing something... :D
Boy, back in my day..

Percy

Quote from: 4x4American on September 06, 2015, 06:52:13 AM
Love watching these videos while I'm laid up!  Almost kinda sorta makes me feel like I'm doing something... :D
Laid up???!!! Im outta the loop. Get well soon....now we return to regular programming... :D
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

beenthere

Percy
Click on 4x4's forum name and you can read his recent posts... that will give you the gory details.  ;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

4x4American

Yea got in a tussle with a 4wheeler broke my collar bone, a rib, bruised my lung and hurt my back...going in for surgery sometime next week they have to put a plate in cause the bone moved too much.

Here's the story: https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,80057.msg1304829.html#msg1304829

Return to regular programming.  :D
Boy, back in my day..

JustinW_NZ

Quote from: 4x4American on September 06, 2015, 03:22:43 PM

Yea got in a tussle with a 4wheeler broke my collar bone, a rib, bruised my lung and hurt my back...going in for surgery sometime next week they have to put a plate in cause the bone moved too much.

Here's the story: https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,80057.msg1304829.html#msg1304829

Return to regular programming.  :D

wow, I hope that all goes ok and sorry to hear about the tumble!

Cheers
Justin
Gear I run;

Thank You Sponsors!