iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

First load with the new tool!

Started by Kipper, September 03, 2015, 11:44:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kipper

And she did great! I was really impressed with how well it towed and handled. These were 16'3", we measured out the spacing from the center of the log deck and to the rear and determined we didn't want too much but weight on it so we cut them. Can wait to load it again...

LT40HD, Cat Diesel
New Holland L783
Kubota BX23
Metavic 1400XL
2016 Dodge 3500
2007 Dodge 3500 (Dump)
Belsaw 802 Edger
Too many trailers to count and all Stihl Saws!!

roger 4400

I hate you.... :D :D :D
No truly, I'm just terribly jealous. You have a very nice log trailer. Congratulations.
I have a log trailer but without a grapple, just looking to find one that will not cost too much, I do not own a business, just log and use my mill for myself. You have a very nice rig. Roger
Baker 18hd sawmill, massey Ferguson 1643, Farmi winch, mini forwarder, Honda foreman 400, f-250, many wood working tools, 200 acres wooden lots,6 kids and a lovely and a comprehensive wife...and now a Metavic 1150 m14 log loader so my tractor is a forwarder now

sawguy21

old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Larch

Awesome rig.  Would give almost anything (but 40k) for one of those. 

Magicman

That is a golly-whopping nice rig.   8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

brendonv

"Trees live a secret life only revealed to those that climb them"

www.VorioTree.com

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Vorio-Tree-Experts-LLC/598083593556636

snowshoveler

That looks like a pretty good load for what looks to be a heavy duty 1 ton.
Can you tell us how it handled the load and perhaps how much the logs scaled out or sawed out.
The logs look awesome by the way.
Regards Chris
International T5 dozer
JD M tractor
MF skidloader
Jonsered chainmill
Vintage Belsaw

Brian C.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

That load didn't catch on fire did it?  :D

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Kipper

Thanks guys! It takes some getting used to but so far it's still fun. It only took me 30 minutes to unload it!!  ::) but it seemed like it took forever... I will say it doesn't like to dead lift a 16 ft log over about 16 in diameter. If they are bigger than that you have to put one end up first then follow with the next end.

My old way of retrieving logs was convincing one of my friends to drive my other truck and pull my skid steer while I pulled a trailer to load the logs on. The only advantage to the old way was that we could use the skid steer to go anywhere the logs were. Now I have to make sure they are accessible for the trailer to reach.

The load handled great with the truck, its pretty clear the axle is in the right location and the gooseneck hitch makes it handle noticeably better. The truck is a stock one ton dodge without the DPF and EGR. I scaled the logs out to be about 2300 bd ft.

No, no fire for this load. Its funny you say that though, as I was running it last night I thought if this thing bursts a hose and finds a spark I should be able to put it out!! Gonna mount an extinguisher on it tomorrow.
LT40HD, Cat Diesel
New Holland L783
Kubota BX23
Metavic 1400XL
2016 Dodge 3500
2007 Dodge 3500 (Dump)
Belsaw 802 Edger

rdtckr3

Magicman

Hello rdtckr3, and Welcome to the Forestry Forum.  How about an intro thread and telling us about what you are sawing with the LT15GO and your other goodies.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

woodmills1

Is that trailer by Nicolls trailer, there is a plate inside the hood.  It looks a lot like my blue ox which was welded by Nicolls.  I noticed no plate on the trailer.  Nice rig.
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

barbender

Too many irons in the fire

Kipper

LT40HD, Cat Diesel
New Holland L783
Kubota BX23
Metavic 1400XL
2016 Dodge 3500
2007 Dodge 3500 (Dump)
Belsaw 802 Edger

redprospector

That's a good looking rig, with a good looking load.
I've gotta do something with the stakes on my trailer. I kinda like the way yours is set up.
1996 Timber King B-20 with 14' extension, Morgan Mini Scragg Mill, Fastline Band Scragg Mill (project), 1973 JD 440-b skidder, 2008 Bobcat T-320 with buckets, grapple, auger, Tushogg mulching head, etc., 2006 Fecon FTX-90L with Bull Hog 74SS head, 1994 Vermeer 1250 BC Chipper. A bunch of chainsaws.

4x4American

Vedy nice!  That would come in handy.  If you ever need someone to babysit it I'll even come pick it up at no additional charge lol
Boy, back in my day..

Thank You Sponsors!