iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Dermatitis

Started by luvmexfood, September 02, 2015, 07:07:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

luvmexfood

Reaching out for assistance. Does anyone know of any herb or anything that will help avoid an allergic skin rash to something?

Have had this problem before and narrowed it down to when I cut poplar trees this time of the year. Over the last six weeks I have had three steroid shots and and starting the third round of Predisone. Long sleeve shirts, gloves, helmet with face shield only provide limited protection.

Crazy itching, rash etc. Have to cut some poplar or I don't eat. Anyone know of any herb or something you can take that will help prevent this? Grasping at straws. Itching sucks.
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

WV Sawmiller

Never heard of allergy to Poplar but stranger things happen. Have you tried Benadryl? I'd be sure to see my dermatologist. He may be able to isolate the allergen and give you a series of shots to build up your immunity. I know they do such for severe wasp sting issues.

Good luck. Hope you find the solution. If you do be sure to post for the rest of us.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

beenthere

Possibly the aloe from the aloe vera plant.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

SLawyer Dave

You really need to talk to an allergist, because a severe reaction like you are talking about, CAN, upon repeated exposure, cause your body to react even worse, and potentially go into life threatening anaphylactic shock. 

That is what basically happened to me and now I am forced to carry anti-histamines and an epi pen in case I am exposed to Gluten.

BradMarks

Perhaps the Tecnu* product line might work. They sell a cleanser for Poison oak and ivy that can be used after exposure. Maybe it will work on what ails you. Available most everywhere.

Polly

::)  clobetasol propionate   fluocinonide ointment    these are both steroids ask your dr if they might help good luck happy new year :P :P 8)

Thank You Sponsors!