Sponsors:

new saw mill team

Started by Festa Millers, September 02, 2015, 11:35:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Festa Millers

Hi everyone
new to the board want to introduce our self
We are The Northern Michigan Sawmill my sons Travis, Joe and me Vince Festa
My 2 sons and I bought a brand new Wood-Mizer 35 LT with Hyd in May and hope to have some extra income for the Boys.
We are located in Traverse City Michigan, both my sons have extensive experience in logging and milling and I don't have a clue, but to tell you the truth after running the mill for a few hours I caught the bug, getting closer to retirement I can see my self getting right into it
today we a the proud owner of a log arch fetcher from LOGRITE and cant wait to put it work
Milling is a great profession and milling with my sons is the greatest experience a Dad can have.
look forward to become friends with all of you!
Northern Michigan Sawmill LLc
Travis Joe Vince Festa

WellandportRob

Welcome to the forum Vince. 
2016 Wood-Mizer LT40HG 35 , Alaskan MKIII 60", Chev Duramax, Anderson logging trailer. Lucas DSM 23-19.

drobertson

Happy for you guys! sounds like a blast, I worked with my sons for several years early on, they were a big help. Best of success to all of you!
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

beenthere

Welcome to the Forestry Forum.

Sounds like a great adventure with your son's involved. Hope to see some pics of your logging and sawing operation.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Magicman

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, Festa Millers.  Your adventure with your Sons warms my heart.  We will look forward to seeing you at the FF Pig Roast in Harrison next year.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

JSNH

Welcome
Some of my best times are the times I spend in the woods or on the mill with my sons. It is something that is very addictive, opening up that first log.

WV Sawmiller

Welcome to the FF. I really enjoy my LT35HD and am sure you will love it too. Be care out there.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Ox

Welcome!  I wish nothing but good things for you fellas.  May your boards be straight, your logs be clean and your blades stay sharp!
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

justallan1

Vince, welcome to The Forestry Forum.
We love pictures and are eager to see your operation.

Tam-i-am

Vinny

good to see you on the forum!

Good luck with your new venture!

Tammy
Get Stuff Moving Today!  www.bluecreeper.com  www.facebook.com/Bluecreeper

fat olde elf

Welcome ! As Magic Man suggests, mark your calendar for Saturday August 6, 2016...Forestry Forum Pig Roast....I missed the first one but have attended every one since.  690 miles from Stanfield NC but worth it !!!! Go Spartans!!
Cook's MP-32 saw, MF-35, Several Husky Saws, Too Many Woodworking Tools, 4 PU's, Kind Wife.

Brian C.

Welcome! Nice to have another northerner join, especially a Michigander. Look forward to meeting you at the FF Pig Roast next year as well.

never finished

Welcome it's a great place. I went a little different route with mine. I bought a manual mill when my boys were young still in school. They both decided there was a better way. They stayed in school and employed ever since. Very proud of one electrician and one pharmacist doing well. They will still help around the mill if they get caught too close to it. Now I'm educating the oldest grandson 11 years old. He's a dandy. Looking forward to a few years milling with him. I have one more grandson and two granddaughters. I've already started informing them about a bout their upcoming education. Their dads tell them it's a great opportunity. Theirs nothing like sawmill time with family. Dennis       

Chuck White

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, Festa Millers!

Sounds like a great adventure taking off!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

petefrom bearswamp

Welcome to the forum.
Much useful info here
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

SawyerBrown

Welcome! Festa Millers, and fellow LT35 owners!  Good to have you on board.
Pete Brown, Saw It There LLC.  Wood-mizer LT35HDG25, Farmall 'M', 16' trailer.  Custom sawing only (at this time).  Long-time woodworker ... short-time sawyer!

Tree Dan

Welcome aboard, I had a LT35...great mill!
Have fun!
Dan
Wood Mizer LT40HD, Kubota KX71, New Holland LS150, Case TR270
6400 John Deere/with loader,General 20" planer, Stihl 880, Stihl 361, Dolmar 460, Husqvarna 50  and a few shovels,
60" and 30" Log Rite cant hooks, 2 home built Tree Spades, Homemade log splitter

starmac

We have a little in common, about the same age with a new to me mill this summer and all I knew about them was I wanted one. lol
This place has been a huge help, and that bug is way easier to get than it is to satisfy. lol
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

samandothers

Welcome!   Congrats on the mill and arch.   I have a 35 manual mill and wish I had an arch!   

Tam-i-am

Vince called and asked my to help him post pics as he was having trouble doing that from his phone.  I guess he was also having trouble with the post as I don't see a new post.

When Vince originally called me and told me about what he wanted to do I told him he needed to get on the forum.  That's exactly what he did.
This looks like it might be the whole gang with their new fetching arch.

Here's a better look at the fetching arch. ;D

and another good pic of the fetching arch with tow tongue and winch attachment

I hope Vince figures out how to work his phone and explain the pics.

Tam-i-am

Sorry I missed two.

I sure hope Vince figures out how to post from his phone and tell us about these logs.

4x4American

He could back the logs onto the trailer and fit a few more logs! 
Boy, back in my day..

dboyt

Welcome to the forum!  Great photos, nice setup and looks like everyone is enjoying themselves.  My son also chose to go another direction, but my 89 year old dad comes over and helps when he feels like it.  My grandson is just 6 and more interested in catching lizards and playing in the sawdust for now.  Log arches are great and that UTV should be able to pull just about anything that will fit in the arch.
Norwood MX34 Pro portable sawmill, 8N Ford, Lewis Winch

slider

al glenn

Magicman

Thanks for the pictures Tammy.   8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!