iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hello from East TN

Started by BenTN, September 01, 2015, 04:01:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BenTN

so as suggested by Magicman i should introduce myself here.

well i stumbled upon this forum early in the year researching a chainsaw purchase (Husqvarna 550xp) and have been lurking through the wealth of info on this board ever since. i live on a few acres in East Tennessee, just south of Knoxville, which are heavily wooded besides the small yard around my house. i plan to switch the living room LP fireplace to a wood-burning type in a year or so. i also love trees in all forms from live standing shade trees, unique piece of furniture, and piles of firewood. i hope to gain some knowledge of woodlot management so i can better my small stand of trees (5 acres) for firewood harvest and possibly timber.

so, Thank you for all info here on the ForestryForum. i now have a ripping Husqvarna 550xp, Jonsered 2172, and the early signs of something called CAD???

Thank again,
Ben

pabst79

Welcome, all sorts of good stuff on FF .  :)
Not sure which came first, but I have chickens and eggs.

21incher

Welcome to the Forestry Forum BenTN. :)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

samandothers

Welcome sir!  Lots of good folks and info here.

Chuck White

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, BenTN.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Magicman

Thanks BenTN.  You will find a good group of warm hearted folks here always ready to jump in and answer questions about everything from gears to grits.  Again, Welcome.    :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

BenTN

Thanks for the warm welcome.

I look forward to learning and sharing here.

Seaman

Welcome Ben, when you get over near Asheville, look us up.
Frank
Lucas dedicated slabber
Woodmizer LT40HD
John Deere 5310 W/ FEL
Semper Fi

drobertson

Welcome bentn, you live in a purty neck of the woods, we go through that way bout once a year, love the hill country,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Raider Bill

Welcome Ben.

I have a place about 8 miles from Tellico Plains.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

BenTN

Quote from: Raider Bill on September 02, 2015, 09:22:05 AM
I have a place about 8 miles from Tellico Plains.

beautiful country in Tellico Plains. i grew up about 20 miles north on hwy 411.

Raider Bill

I'm between Tellico and Englewood off SR39
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

mesquite buckeye

Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

Roxie

What a nice introduction!  Welcome to the forum!   :)
Say when

petefrom bearswamp

Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Martha White Nelson

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, BenTN!  No doubt, you will certainly find a wealth of knowledge here.  Keep lurking!
Martha

Sixacresand

Hi BenTN and welcome to the Forum.  We go through Frendsville sometimes on our trips to and from Pigeon Forge:  It depends on snow on  441 over the mountain.  We stopped several times at a place there or near there has nice wood slabs and other neat wood stuff.  It is very pretty drive. 
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

BenTN

So many warm welcomes. Thank you all.

Mods, am I blind or is there no "like" button?

Sixacresand, Townsend and Wears Valley both have some neat woodworking/chainsaw carving shops. I do enjoy an early morning ride through that area on my way to work.

WV Sawmiller

BenTn,

Welcome to the FF family. There is a huge amount of information available here if you just take the time to check.

Raider Bill,

Many years ago my wife was navigating using a Phillips 66 map and found a dirt road we could use to cross the mountain from NC to Tellico Plains. Got to an intersection and I asked her Right or Left? She said right. A quarter mile later she said "No, we needed to go left". Too late. Single dirt road with a drop off so severe she would not look down, just put camera out the window and took a picture for later viewing. A few miles later came to a sign saying "Road impassable for vehicular traffic". Was a parking lot for hikers. And I was pulling a pop up camper. Finally got the truck turned around bending the trailer tongue in the process. Headed back and stopped and asked a back-packer for directions. He should his head and said he did not know we could get there from here but pointed on down the road and said it should take us to Tellico. We finally got there.

Pretty country but not a good way to view it first time.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

PC-Urban-Sawyer

Quote from: BenTN on September 05, 2015, 07:20:32 AM
So many warm welcomes. Thank you all.

Mods, am I blind or is there no "like" button?

Sixacresand, Townsend and Wears Valley both have some neat woodworking/chainsaw carving shops. I do enjoy an early morning ride through that area on my way to work.

BenTN,

Nope, no LIKE button.

A search of old forum topics will reveal quite a discussion on that issue but the concensus is that The BOSS is right, and besides, he's the site owner and master administrator...

Welcome to the forum.

Herb

ibseeker

Hi Ben, welcome to the Forum. You'll like this place if you're looking for advice, support or good humor. Lot of great people here, haven't met any of them yet but hope to. FIL grew up in Friendsville, still have family there.
We've got property near you out on Six Mile Rd (336) south of Maryville. Sure is pretty country, isn't it?
Chuck
worn out poulan, Stihl 250SC, old machete and a bag of clues with a hole in the bottom

BenTN

PC, yep his site his rules. I love the panhandle area, excellent fishing.

I seeker, I have a few friends in six mile. Lots of wildlife in that area, being so close to the park.

coxy

welcome to the ff    my like smiley  :)

Thank You Sponsors!