iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

whatzit?

Started by hackberry jake, August 31, 2015, 01:27:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hackberry jake

I saw a few logs that I couldn't identify at the local sawmill. Any ideas? Is it just walnut with weird bark?

https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

beenthere

Looks to be walnut. Bark is ok for walnut too, IMO.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Magicman

And then I see an Ash, Oak, and surely not a Sweetgum.  :-X
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

mesquite buckeye

Black walnut. Some of mine look like that too. Looked to be growing pretty slowly.
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

WDH

Did you get the walnut?
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

hackberry jake

I may have to stop in there today and ask what his plans are for it.
https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

WDH

WHAT?  YOU HAVE NOT ALREADY ASKED????
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Delawhere Jack

English walnut? The bark mighta-kinda-sorta resemble English walnut...... kind of..... maybe.

You boys got some funky stuff growing down there!  ;D

mesquite buckeye

They've got old tired soils with lots of rock. Not nice to pick on the Ozarkians.  :snowball: :snowball: :snowball: :snowfight1:
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

Thank You Sponsors!