iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New to forum

Started by larrydown60, August 30, 2015, 09:56:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

larrydown60

I am building a sawmill I have added a few pictures of it. Looking for any tips and info anybody wants to share thanks in advance. I have been reading about the wheelchair motors and think they are a great add on. I am also looking for material sources for the build thanks Larry 

beenthere

Welcome to the Forestry Forum.
Saw your pics the other day, and now you can pull those pics into your post and tell us about them. We are interested.

Click the "modify" button on your post, then the "click here to add photo.." which will bring up a new window that you saw when you uploaded pics. But click the "my gallery" button in the menu and your gallery will show your pics. Click the one you want to show and discuss, and it will enlarge. SCROLL down a page or two and you will see the "insert image in post" button. Answer "yes" and your pic will be posted. Add some words to it at that time.

Hope it works for you.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Magicman

Hello larrydown60, and Welcome to the Forestry Forum.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Jeff

Welcome to the forum.

Now for the hard part. Please read the rules pertaining to posting photos. You can't simply refer people to your gallery. Photos MUST be in a post. It is not allowed to upload photos unless they go in a post.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

larrydown60

Sorry I think I figured out how to add photos to post sorry about the double pic

Chuck White

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, larrydown60.

I see you're down in "PetefromBearSwamp's" territory!

Nice place.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

justallan1

Larry welcome to The Forestry Forum.
Can you tell us the basics you have planned for your mill. How long and wide is it, what's going to power it, is it going to be manual or hydraulic?
There's a bunch of very knowledgable folks here, willing and eager to help out.

4x4American

Welcome!  Every so often I'm out your way visting in DeRuyter, would love to pop in and offer any advice I can.  What are ya lacking?
Boy, back in my day..

larrydown60

Thanks I will post more pics later today. Thanks 4x4 American you are more than welcome to stop by. I have a cousin that lives in Corinth by Lake George. He has a small Hudson mill and his son in law and his father also run a sawmill in that area. I would like to get up there before winter starts.

Ox

Welcome to the forum!  Another upstater, that's good to see.  It's amazing how many people hear NY and think the whole state is covered in concrete.  :D
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

Jeff

The only parts of New York I have ever visited, were quite Beautiful, and actually looked a lot like Northern Lower Michigan.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

mesquite buckeye

Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

red

8 million people in the big Apple 19 million in entire state. Second biggest state in Apple production www.nyapplecountry.com. if there are apples there must be trees
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

4x4American

Funny I live about 5 mins from Corinth!  Whats the name and whereabouts is the sawmill that the son-in-law and father run?
Boy, back in my day..

Chuck White

Quote from: Ox on August 31, 2015, 10:50:49 AM
Welcome to the forum!  Another upstater, that's good to see.  It's amazing how many people hear NY and think the whole state is covered in concrete.  :D

There are lots of Forestry Forum members in New York.

Whenever I see a new, New York forum member posting, I add them to my list!

At this point, my list consists of 148 members!

There are a few locals that have sawmills or are otherwise into the forestry business that I try to convince them to join the Forestry Forum!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

dgdrls

Welcome  larrydown60

to the best place on the web,  great folks here.

I'm a short distance to the North, Onondaga Hill area.
uncertain of your needs, you may want to look to Linn Lumber for your sawmill head
or other bandmill parts.  I also suggest Cooks  http://www.cookssaw.com/  for guide rollers as other have praised  their durability and value.

Dan

drobertson

you bet you have a build going on!  looking forward to the next phase! 
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Ox

Chuck - if there's one thing we have a lot of around here, it's trees. 
I've heard and read stories of when this area was first settled and it was wall to wall trees.  Then farming and town building started and most of these hills were bare and pasture land.  Now it's back to lots of trees again, albeit less than before.
Heck, there's 4 sawmills within a 3 mile radius of me, including mine.  Crazy, right?

I just deleted a few comments that could have been spun off into a political venue.  I'll just say I love it here in the country, born and raised, but I'm finding it increasingly difficult to tolerate things happening around me!   :)
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

Chuck White

I think I understand where you're coming from, Ox.

I remember hearing my Grandfather and my Dad talking of the old home farm where I grew up, and how they cleared rocks, brush & trees in order to make hay fields!

21incher

Welcome to the Forestry Forum larrydown60. We love pictures of sawmill builds. If you ever travel to the Rochester area Klein Steel has a great surplus outlet open to the public for low cost steel. Surplus Center has good deals on mechanical and hydraulic components.:)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Ox

Just remember, larrydown60, that if you have questions to just ask and I can guarantee that someone will come along that knows the answer.  It's hard to suggest anything on your build without knowing what, if any, problems you have at the moment.  :)

Thank You Sponsors!