iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New Addition, and Injury

Started by Andy White, August 30, 2015, 07:21:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Can I, as the owner of The Forestry Forum make a decree that none of our members are allowed to use ladders any more?  Get better Andy!
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Andy White on August 31, 2015, 09:33:05 PM
David,
Hurtin right now, and typing with one finger and looking outa one eye, but that is FUNNY!!!!  I feel better already.   Andy

I know you're hurting buddy. Get well quick!  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

LaneC

I hope you heal soon. Old saying here: It is not the fall that hurts ya, it is the sudden stop :D. I seriously hope you get well soon.
Man makes plans and God smiles

drobertson

Andy, Andy, Andy, man I am feeling your pain right now!  so sorry to here this, but so glad you came out so good,, I know that sounds trivial, but really, that's good in my book, this could've been lots worse, and I know, you know,  take care brother, and the finish looks good! not the purple ;D but the shed!  rest easy,,  Mercy sakes! 
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

MikeZ

Andy: August must have been bad ladder month. I fell from 5ft onto my tail bone. Not much bounce here either. Bucket of paint in one hand and brush in other. Painted half of me and lots of stull around me.(did'nt even dent the cement). Like Jeff's suggestion about no ladders, but----. Don't know about freight and shipping but maybe we could be partners on a MOBILE ARIAL PLATFORM. Get well soon.
MikeZ  Homemade  Mill

clww

Nice looking carport; ugly shiner. :-\
Be careful out there and get well soon.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

petefrom bearswamp

Get well wishes from Pete and Linda Andy, but geez I thought you were plenty ugly before this.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Magicman

I have been thinking that but the swelling did smooth out some of the wrinkles.   :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

pineywoods

A while back, Doctor B decreed that nobody over 50 climb a ladder.  Nobody listened, including ME. As a group, we are a hardheaded bunch  ::)
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

Ox

Quote from: Jeff on August 31, 2015, 09:34:22 PM
Can I, as the owner of The Forestry Forum make a decree that none of our members are allowed to use ladders any more?  Get better Andy!

Who we gonna get to go up the ladders for us?

I've got it.  The government should give out, for free, new manlifts for anyone who still does things for themselves.  It should offset the hospital visit costs, therefore this new program would be economically viable.  ;D

Hope you feel better sooner than you think, Andy.  In a week or so you'll be looking back with "fond" memories.
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

GAB

Quote from: pineywoods on September 01, 2015, 09:52:48 AM
A while back, Doctor B decreed that nobody over 50 climb a ladder.  Nobody listened, including ME. As a group, we are a hardheaded bunch  ::)

AMMEEENNNN

Gerald
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

beenthere

Well, we over 50 don't fall off the ladder every time we go up.  ;D

So is it a crap shoot, or is it just being over-confident? or is it another thing that comes with age?? 

And who will do it, if the rope needs to be placed in a tree for pulling? or the light bulb needs changing in the outdoor lamp? of the chimney needs to be cleaned? or the siding and overhang need painting?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

isawlogs

I had a bit of painting to do today up a ladder, was having my morning coffe and contemplating my paint job. Read this and called my daughter and we went fishing.....   ;D 

Get well soon. ladders are no fun to fall off of, well falling all together at our age aint no fun.  :-\

She caught a pike, released it after she took pics, I caught a few perch, she left here with some fillets of fish, paint can wait another day!
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

lowpolyjoe

Oh man - that looks painful.  Sorry to hear it.  Glad it wasn't any worse.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

sandhills

Marcel, 2 things I hate the most are heights and painting, you did good my friend  :D.  Sunday my wife and I got so sick of working on the new place we took the evening off and went fishing, when we got done the pickup was a half a mile away and the house was just across the road  ::).

Ron Scott

Hope you're healing well. An unplanned expense to the addition that will be remembered.
~Ron

dablack

Good GOOGLEY!  Get some rest and heal up.  So sorry

Austin
Building my own house in East TX

red

maybe a 5 second rule on going UP each step take 5 seconds before climbing higher
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

78NHTFY

...not a pretty picture, but thanks for posting!  Have been on a ladder scrapping/painting for the past two days, with 3 more to go!  Will be treading extra careful, keeping your fall in mind...and the fall my dad had off a stepladder years ago--looked just like you except he spit out three chicklets as well.  Hope you have a quick recovery!  All the best, Rob.
If you have time, you win....

WmFritz

I have a 28' wooden extension ladder that I'm ashamed to show you guys. It has the second rung from the bottom missing and I catch a splinter everytime I climb that DanG thing. A couple times a year I haul it out to look down the chimney or change a yard light. Each time I use it I cuss at myself for being so cheap.

After seeing your shiner Andy, my ladder has a date to meet my chainsaw!  ;)
Hope you feel better soon.
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

Burlkraft

Well.......diving off ladders is getting to be a regular thing. I just celebrated 4 months since my crainiotomy. The Dang hole they cut in my head is pretty slow healing. Your face kinda looks like the pictures of mine did after surgery. I hate tubes and wires and hoses. Take care of that thing. It takes a while to get all the way back
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Magicman

And it is good to hear from you Steve.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Howdy

I can only say "Ouch".
It looks like you hurt in so many different ways that it's just not funny. Keep you feet firmly on the ground my friend.

Thank You Sponsors!