iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

12 Days

Started by 4x4American, August 29, 2015, 09:28:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

4x4American

So as some of you know I'm out of commission right now with a broken collar bone, rib, and bruised lung, so I've been pretty bored and going haywire since I can't do much.  So out of curiosity I looked into how much time I've spent here on the forum.  I've spent just about 12 days so far on this great forum since I've joined.  There is no other site that I've spent so much time on as I have this one!  I thought that was crazy!  To see yours, click on your profile in a thread that you commented on, and click view stats and you'll see how much time you've spent on here.  Just don't let your wife see!  You might be shocked!
Boy, back in my day..

thecfarm

There are more that have more!! I have 269 days.And I enjoyed every day of it.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

I would think that which Forum Boards that you spend that time on is more important than the actual time spent.  The real value is learning, sharing, and helping others.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

4x4American

Sawmills and milling is often the only one i read.  i've learnt alot from here, just by reading. 
Boy, back in my day..

Sixacresand

I have been laid up 15 days, the last 5 in the hospital, trying to get a handle on severe back pain.  I spend several hours a day reading Forum posts, reading profiles and looking at pictures.  Every Forum Member has his own projects, style, equipment, humor, knowledge and personality, which makes the Forum interesting and entertaining. 

4x4, I didn't have a clue you were laid up.  I guess I missed that post.  Hope and pray your recovery is going well.
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

4x4American

The 4um does help the day go by, hope your back pain goes away!  Thanks for your kind words.
Boy, back in my day..

Peter Drouin

Hurt yourself in the busy season ::) hurt_smiley smiley_speechless
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

4x4American

Yes I did and it was my own fault.  I can't believe I was so stupid to put myself in that situation, but under the given circumstances, I got off easy.  It could have easily been much worse, and for that I am thankful.
Boy, back in my day..

mesquite buckeye

I got started on the forum recovering from foot surgery. Never got over it (the forum). ;D
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

Raider Bill

All boards in this forum are worth going to regardless :)
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.
My advice on aging gracefully... ride fast bikes and date faster women, drink good tequila, practice your draw daily, be honest and fair in your dealings, but suffer not fools. Eat a hearty breakfast, and remember, ALL politicians are crooks.

lowpolyjoe

This forum is a great community. 

I've learned a ton and appreciate all the skilled people around here sharing their experience.

Good luck with your recovery!

WmFritz

Quote from: Sixacresand on August 30, 2015, 10:26:48 AM
I have been laid up 15 days, the last 5 in the hospital, trying to get a handle on severe back pain.  I spend several hours a day reading Forum posts, reading profiles and looking at pictures.  Every Forum Member has his own projects, style, equipment, humor, knowledge and personality, which makes the Forum interesting and entertaining. 

4x4, I didn't have a clue you were laid up.  I guess I missed that post.  Hope and pray your recovery is going well.

Very well said Sixacres. Hope you guys get healed quickly.

Bill makes a great point... I love ALL the boards especially the FOOD board.  ;)
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

Thank You Sponsors!