iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

dont know what we're gonna do if they dont bring some logs???

Started by sandsawmill14, August 26, 2015, 06:13:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandsawmill14

this is what came after lunch today

there was 4 trucks lined up waiting to be unloaded at once after already being a busy week. its been so bad nobody even knows how many loads have come in but it was over 20 at lunch. glad im not the one writing the checks ;D :D :D :D
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

bkaimwood

bk

sandsawmill14

we've been extremely blessed with weather and logs so far this year  :)

goose63

One load here would nice. My trucker told me to day pulp price is up good thing I'm just a hobby miller 8)
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

YoungStump

We also have more logs in the yard here than we've had in years. Have roughly 375 loads of logs in inventory.
Echo Enterprises 45HD2 production series band mill, Cook's Edger, sawing mostly pallet cants, rr ties, and grade lumber.

Wallee

Lt28 Woodmizer, International 3514 wheel loader, husqvarna 450,455 rancher, and 372xp saws, 1990 international 4700 log truck, Prentice 180b knuckleboom!

bkaimwood

Hey Wallee, sorry to hear bout your woes too...I spent 2 days last week sawing garbage with heavy losses, 2 days tring to find logs worth sawing...brought home a few rough logs just to make 9 boards to complete an order...things seem to be tough in the eastern part of my state, where I am... Totally different story in the western part of the state...trouble is, no one wants to bring stuff out here if they can get rid of it out there...hopefully I can find a good source soon, as this bad luck the past couple spots has put me in a bad spot....thanks for listening to me snivel...
bk

Magicman

Quote from: Wallee on August 27, 2015, 10:25:27 PMI have been having to log out everything I saw.
That and having to deal with inventory is what put me out of the lumber business and into the portable custom sawing business.  Now I just saws um and leaves um.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

bkaimwood

bk

sandsawmill14

bkaimwood sorry things are so tough right now maybe it will turn loose soon

wallee  i logged and sawed just like you are for a few years with the hudson mill (all manual) log 2 days, saw 3 days, and haul ties/lumber 1 day  daylight to dark and was all i could do to make a living but it will get better you will find some logs sooner or later   and remember   IF IT WAS EASY EVERYONE WOULD BE DOING IT!!! :D :D :D
magicman i am sawing by the foot almost same as you. when i moved to this job back in oct 14 he had 10-12000 bdft he wanted sawed but the logs keep coming so i keep sawing :) so far over 400,000 bdft :o ;D  those logs are on the job im on but im not the man buying the logs im just contract sawing. he keeps plenty of logs so i stay busy, he pays every friday no questions asked, and the best thing is its only 5 miles from home  ;D

Brandon1986

Whoever stacked that deck needs to have a come to Jesus meeting about order

Delawhere Jack

Quote from: Brandon1986 on August 29, 2015, 12:00:27 PM
You noticed that too eh..   :D

4x4American

would love to find a job like you're on right now, sandsawmill!
I'm going crazy over here looking at my mill standing still while I wait to heal...

yea guy who stacked that musta been drunk lol
Boy, back in my day..

4x4American

what do they have you doing there?  Are you making lumber or making cants for their mill?  Cant remember!
Boy, back in my day..

sandsawmill14

Quote from: Brandon1986 on August 29, 2015, 12:00:27 PM
:D :D :D x10      that was where a rotator bearing went down on the boom so that is where 4 tt loads were drug off the best he could to get the trucks gone. loader man has bout pulled his hair out just trying to keep mills going. if its not going in a day or 2 we will be cutting up with chainsaw and i will probably be sick for a week or so :D  our yard is never very neat but THAT IS NOT NORMAL  :D :D :D

sandsawmill14

4x4 i saw all the logs that are to big for the scragg it can only saw up to 22-23" so i saw everything 23" and bigger plus the crooked swelled butt hollow crap logs >:( that would cause problems in the scragg. its a cooper end dogger with 48" saws. i cut all the ties i can then the rest just lumber and most of the custom sawing for people so the scragg doesnt have to pull off of production sawing  :)

4x4American

sounds like an awesome gig!  How are ya liking the b20?  i forget was it you who retrofitted a homebrewed computer system to your b20?  If so how's that working out?
Boy, back in my day..

Brandon1986

Well, good to know it was a mechanical difficulty and not someone just backing up and dumping their logs out of a dump truck apathetically and running away.

sandsawmill14

Quote from: Brandon1986 on August 29, 2015, 08:01:00 PM
Well, good to know it was a mechanical difficulty and not someone just backing up and dumping their logs out of a dump truck apathetically and running away.
:D :D :D that happens sometimes too but the loader driver gets them up pretty quick

4x4 that was me and it worked great for about 2 hours at a time then the processor would fault out we fooled with it a while talking to the company and they couldnt figure it out so one day it raised up about 3/4" in the middle of a cut and scrapped a 7x9 tie so i put the touch screen in the truck and been sawing manual ever since. now i have the numbers memorized so it doesnt matter anyway. all but 6/4 is still a pain but i dont cut much of it.  i would highly recommend allen bradley if anyone else wants something custom we save about 2 grand on equip but got something we cant use >:(  :D :D :D  far as the actual setworks though some one sawing a couple hrs at a time as hobby or something you would love it. it had a button on screen for every cant size from 4x4 to 10x10 , and lumber thickness from 4/4 to 12/4 and a button to change screens to custom setting and could saw any size imaginable in 16th increments and it was dead accurate  they (the company) decided it might have been the vibrations causing the problems but we will never know cause im done with it ;D

4x4American

Well that ain't no good!  I'd love to see more pictures of your setup if you care to share!
Boy, back in my day..

sandsawmill14

this all i have for a setup  and lots of logs. the wheel loader in the back of the first pic does all the log handling and the lumber cants and slabs i just get it cut and off the mill loader picks it up and it goes down to the big mill for edging sorting and stacking. that is the only way i can cut the footage i have been getting lately over 13000 bdft this week and lost 1/2 a day due to breakdown :)

Thank You Sponsors!