iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

another satisfied customer

Started by hackberry jake, August 25, 2015, 03:46:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hackberry jake

Delivered this sign today to a surveying/engineering business. The workers went in together to get it for the owner for his birthday.

https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Larry

That's a professional looking sign! 8) 8) 8)

I like it.
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

hackberry jake

Now @WDH is going to think I got into his "knotless cedar" stash. If one were to cut off the last foot of the board it would've been a 12" wide 1.5" thick 5' long piece of "knotless cedar".

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

WDH

I am going to have to keep a closer watch on you.

That sign is fantastic. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

yukon cornelius

way to go! I bet they were happy!
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

lowpolyjoe

hackberry jake

Quote from: lowpolyjoe on August 26, 2015, 03:38:09 PM
Looks great!

Is that a sextant?
Not sure... It's their logo, so possibly.

beenthere

Appears to be a surveyors transit. A sextant would be a bit different and more limited, I'd think.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Larry

Columbus and the Star trek guys used sextants.  I bet its a transit.

Those guys were surveying the adjacent property a few weeks ago when it was so terrible hot and humid.  Our line follows a stream bed that is almost impossible to walk and they were trying to make there way to the corner pin.  Eventually they thought they ought to tell us what they were doing and came up to the house.  I took them down an old logging road that goes right to the corner pin, but from another direction.  They were so thankful they took the time to show me there toys and how they work.  They have a GPS staff type thing that pointed the way to the pin and also showed the distance.  When they got within 10 feet of the pin they used a metal locator.  Took all of 30 seconds to find the pin once I got them in the right neighborhood.

Both guys were pretty young...wonder if they even knew what a transit is used for? :D :D
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

lowpolyjoe

I never heard of a transit before - I only sorta know what a sextant is

Thank You Sponsors!