iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Wallee's Milling Thread

Started by Wallee, August 25, 2015, 12:47:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paul case

Scott working on the saw in a 7 hour day cut 28 7x9-8 ties and 700 ft of 4/4 side lumber. I may have loaded some for him. That was with logs already trimmed to 8'8''. No chainsaw work.

PC
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

ozarkgem

Quote from: paul case on September 10, 2016, 12:30:22 PM
Scott working on the saw in a 7 hour day cut 28 7x9-8 ties and 700 ft of 4/4 side lumber. I may have loaded some for him. That was with logs already trimmed to 8'8''. No chainsaw work.

PC
That is pretty good. I saw him wrestling those ties. Bet he slept good.
Mighty Mite Band Mill, Case Backhoe, 763 Bobcat, Ford 3400 w/FEL , 1962 Ford 4000, Int dump truck, Clark forklift, lots of trailers. Stihl 046 Magnum, 029 Stihl. complete machine shop to keep everything going.

paul case

He will be 22 on Tuesday. I have heard him tell his wife''I will rest when I'm dead''.

I think he has more energy than he should. He has had my dad and I helping him build a barn after sawing during the week. I call it his Johnny cash barn, as he took it home from the mill just 1 piece at a time!

PC
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
pc

4x4American

I wish I had that kinda energy....but at my age, I'm just glad to be able to do what I can.

;D
Boy, back in my day..

Magicman

Just wait until after your next birthday.   :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

tnaz

I don't think my computer can take much more!!! :D :D :D

Wet vac

Wallee

So I found a circle mill that I am planing on going to look at this friday. Im taking a trailer and truck but thats just in case. Not set in stone Im buying but if all the parts are there and everything is remotely tight, I might be bringing back a 00 frick and a few extras ;)
Here are what pics I have of a few parts.

Lt28 Woodmizer, International 3514 wheel loader, husqvarna 450,455 rancher, and 372xp saws, 1990 international 4700 log truck, Prentice 180b knuckleboom!

ozarkgem

Quote from: paul case on September 11, 2016, 08:50:54 PM
He will be 22 on Tuesday. I have heard him tell his wife''I will rest when I'm dead''.

I think he has more energy than he should. He has had my dad and I helping him build a barn after sawing during the week. I call it his Johnny cash barn, as he took it home from the mill just 1 piece at a time!

PC
That way dad won't know how much lumber is missing till the barn is done :D
Mighty Mite Band Mill, Case Backhoe, 763 Bobcat, Ford 3400 w/FEL , 1962 Ford 4000, Int dump truck, Clark forklift, lots of trailers. Stihl 046 Magnum, 029 Stihl. complete machine shop to keep everything going.

paul case

It looks like the only things there is no picture of is the power unit and the track, cable and pulley system. I like that it is on all steel.

I know a lot of folks , myself included, have set a circle mill up and sawed enough with it to heat the blade and cup it some because the power unit wouldn't keep up with feed speed. Help setting it up and learning to run it would have been very valuable to me. If it doesn't have a power unit and you can get 3 phase, go electric. More efficient and less expensive.

PC
pc

BigZ La

Quote from: Wallee on September 12, 2016, 12:00:18 AM
So I found a circle mill that I am planing on going to look at this friday. Im taking a trailer and truck but thats just in case. Not set in stone Im buying but if all the parts are there and everything is remotely tight, I might be bringing back a 00 frick and a few extras ;)
Here are what pics I have of a few parts.

Hey Now, I've been watching that mill for a while now trying to make up my mind  :D  Let me know how good it looks

Wallee

Quote from: paul case on September 12, 2016, 09:04:25 AM
It looks like the only things there is no picture of is the power unit and the track, cable and pulley system. I like that it is on all steel.

I know a lot of folks , myself included, have set a circle mill up and sawed enough with it to heat the blade and cup it some because the power unit wouldn't keep up with feed speed. Help setting it up and learning to run it would have been very valuable to me. If it doesn't have a power unit and you can get 3 phase, go electric. More efficient and less expensive.

PC
I got some pics of track and rest of it. Has a old moline power unit but it's to small and old to use day to day I believe. Where could I buy a good electric motor for cheap? What size would it need?
Lt28 Woodmizer, International 3514 wheel loader, husqvarna 450,455 rancher, and 372xp saws, 1990 international 4700 log truck, Prentice 180b knuckleboom!

ozarkgem

Quote from: Wallee on September 12, 2016, 06:16:40 PM
Quote from: paul case on September 12, 2016, 09:04:25 AM

PC
I got some pics of track and rest of it. Has a old moline power unit but it's to small and old to use day to day I believe. Where could I buy a good electric motor for cheap? What size would it need?
If you get it send me a pm and I know a guy who sells 3 phase motors for 10.00 per hp.

Wallee

So for now Im working with what I have. Haven't found what Im looking for and plan to keep a eye out. So while I have this, I am going to make the best of it and do a little changing. I need to make it more suited for my needs. Here is what I have started.

Changed direction of mill in relation to placement in shed. As well as added a bed to roll cants off.

16' two strand log deck going in here, holes already punched.

Roller beds going out the building. Layed them out on the ground to get the idea. Building a nice frame to support them.

Magicman

I know that you have been busy, but it's good to see you come back up for air.

How about updating your sawmill in your profile.   ;)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

paul case

That is the stuff you need anyway. A lot of what you are doing will serve you well for years to come and help save your back some misery.

I find myself doing some fixing up on handling problems from time to time. It is time well spent.

Looking good.
PC
pc

Wallee

Quote from: Magicman on September 24, 2016, 07:59:00 AM
I know that you have been busy, but it's good to see you come back up for air.

How about updating your sawmill in your profile.   ;)
Yes sir, I need to update quite a bit of my equipment! Hurry up and come up my way and check out the mill!!

Magicman

I will and that is a promise.   :)

Wallee

Got some new support equipment today!

69bronco

Dave Shepard

510? Should have a D-239. Those front mount cabs take some getting used to.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Magicman

red

Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

Wallee

Quote from: Dave Shepard on September 27, 2016, 08:04:21 PM
510? Should have a D-239. Those front mount cabs take some getting used to.
Indeed a 510b! Im trying to find some specs on it and cant seem to find any. Im wondering on oil capacity. I plan to change all fluids tomorrow! Got it off the truck today and moved a big pile of dirt that has been stuck by the mill shed.

paul case

That is NICE! Put forks on it and you have a log and lumber handler deluxe!

PC
pc

Wallee

Did a little work today!

More to come tomorrow.

Thank You Sponsors!