iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

670 Super II looses power when in the cut

Started by Skattracker2, August 24, 2015, 09:52:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skattracker2

Thanks to this awesome forum I was able to fix my wife's Jonsered 2152 with a new coil.  Now maybe you guys can work your magic on the 670 Super II I have.

I bought it to replace my stolen 2159 and it ran good but didn't have a chain so I couldn't try cutting.

I got it home put on a new bar and chain and it looses power in cut and seems to be running rich with blue smoke.  I rebuilt the carb even though it looked clean and maybe was rebuilt recently.  I changed out the gas and checked fuel and air filter and they are clean.  The muffler screen is clean also.

I tried adjusting the high on carb and it did not seem to move much or do anything. 

What are your thoughts?

346xp

Pressure test the carb for a  needle leak and or a welch plug leak both will dump a lot of gas into the engine making it pig rich  8)

346xp

I'm glad you got the 2152 sorted out!!!  Did they warranty the coil for you ?? 8)

Skattracker2

I just bought a new one.  The dealer didn't want anything to do with the saw since I had rebuilt the engine already.

sablatnic

If the engine mounts are bad, the saw will flex too much to fully open the throttle when cutting.

346xp

Pressure for needle pop off should be 8-10 psi !!anything under that its leaking past the needle aka flooding the engine 8)

Thank You Sponsors!