iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Peterson ASM in Aussie

Started by sawmillsi, September 22, 2004, 05:14:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sawmillsi

Hi guys,

I have been doing some demos and cutting a bit of timber with our new 8" ASM, and have taken a couple of pics in the process.

We are cutting Slash Pine (Pinus elliotii), they are in 6.6mtr (20') and 7.5mtr (23') lengths ranging in diameter (small end) from 32cm (13") to 55cm (22") with few small knots.

I am using a Peterson 8" ASM with 10mtr (30') tracks, running a Kohler 27hp main motor (and Kohler 6hp drive pack), using 4 teeth blades.

This is our 'Blitz' (a F60L Canadian Ford long wheel base army truck with a real big winch on it) pulling up a couple of logs.

Here I am concentrating, lifting the logs onto the skids. We had to lift one end of the skids off the ground about 5' because of the sloping ground (you'll see what I mean in a moment).

Heres the mill setup. I have already cut some logs up (accounts for the sawdust) and we are tidying up for the next log. Note the blocks under the mill and drive pack to level it up.

Heres a pic including some of the timber I have cut (7"x3" and 10"x4" - NB. doing double cuts for the 10" boards).

I'll take some more pics as I go.

Simon

sawmillsi

Hey Captain,

Take this as a personal challange - you got any pics of a Peterson ASM working?

I want to see you making the sawdust (and helpers) fly :D :D.

I ran out of fuel the other day (one tank lasted almost 2 days of demo cutting - not full-time) and 1 of the 2 guys pulling the timber out said it must be the slave-drivers cut-out switch (I think I have almost destroyed a couple of fit guys, making them keep up :D)

Simon

Captain

I've got some pictures somewhere of Chris Browne running, it was payback for the running I did in Springfield, MA.

Our big show is in Nelsonville, Ohio in just a week. How about I make both Hammond and Browne run?  OK who out there wants to take the pictures??

Captain

Wife

I can see that no ones going to get anything done as we all wana run the mill and nobody wants to stack......wonder why?
Good looking pics there simon.
We will send some of the show to show you that at least one of us tailed out and did some real work ;D
See ya soon captain...I have some marmite coming over 8)
Chris
Kerris, in the background....
Petersons Global Sales Ltd
15c Hyland Cres
Rotorua, New Zealand
www.petersonsawmills.com
kbrowne@petersonsawmills.com
Ph +64 7 3480863

MULE_MAN

Nice Picture's and set up you have there  8)

By the size of the lumber your sawing I can see why nobody wants to stack  :D :D  8)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDG25 with Simple Setworks, debatker, 580 CASE backhoe

Tom_Averwater

Captian,
     I'll take some pictures of Ya sawing at Paul Bunyan next .
     Tom     8)
He who dies with the most toys wins .

sawmillsi

Captain, Chris,

I wana see Craig run off his feet (sorry craig :D).

Chris, if you cut like you did in that DVD, I think that both Captain and Craig will be run off there feet.

Simon

Wife

I'm sure we can arrange something for you along them lines Simon.
I think to save confusion of names craig and craig should run the mill while chris takes the photos..lol :D
Chris
15c Hyland Cres
Rotorua, New Zealand
www.petersonsawmills.com
Ph +64 7 3480863

Captain

I think that I'll just be Captain for the time that Hammond is over here.  For that matter, he'll probably just be Hammond.  

You're right, too confusing.

Captain

Wife

We might change HAMMOND to HAMMERED by the end of the road show :D ;D
15c Hyland Cres
Rotorua, New Zealand
www.petersonsawmills.com
Ph +64 7 3480863

sawmillsi

We better hope Craig dosn't read this post eh :D :D

I pulled up a couple more logs, about 50. They are all real long over 20' long (all to be cut single length) and smallest diameter is about 14" (small end).

Some cutting there - should have it done in about 3 days.

I'll post some pics early next week.

Si

Pete J

Here's my free tip of the day.

If you volunteer to tail boards off the peterson mill for Captain, don't do it with broken ribs. I hurts real bad!

BTW, I'm almost all healed up. A few more weeks and it'll be like it never happened.

Thank You Sponsors!