iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

230 Transfercase Lever

Started by larry1, August 18, 2015, 09:55:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

larry1

I found a lever on my transfercase that has been cut short . It disengages the drive shaft  to the winch (Hercules) . Why would we need that , unless that T.C  is also used in another application .  I recall an old 200 hacing a lever to throw the dogs in and out , but I don't have any dogs L.O.L.

loggah

Im pretty sure they were on there so you could disengage the winch drive shaft if you were traveling a long distance,roading a skidder for instance ,you dont need the winch shaft turning when your driving down a  road.
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

larry1

That would make a lot of sense , why wear out something when you don't need it .--Thanks loggah

Mooseknuckle

Hey Larry, my 230 transfer case was missing the lever alll together and the seal was shot in the worm gear box and yup the worm and brass gear were worn real bad! :o  I put a new lever on and use it often to disengage when not using the winch.  8)

Pioneer P51 is look'n for a Buddy!!

larry1

Thanks for the pic. -- nice clean looking iron --is she all rebuilt ? 

Mooseknuckle

Yup that 65' TJ is pulling big timber!! I'm just putting pictures together and a video. Gonna get it uploaded soon for the TJ fans 8)
Pioneer P51 is look'n for a Buddy!!

Thank You Sponsors!