iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Thanks again Coxy

Started by Jeff, August 18, 2015, 07:35:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

About a week prior to the Pigroast we received an awesome package in the mail.  A few months ago, member coxy had viewed the video I made of a walk through our house, showing some of the stuff we had collected over the years. At that time he decided we would be the perfect place to house this wonderful model log truck and skidder. He said it was one of two.  II'll let him give us the details on it if he would, but I'll post the photos and a shore video I took.  I get to look at it all the time because it is now on our mantle. :)

Thanks again Coxy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEq4tT9qLsw
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Magicman

And wow at the detail.  That is more than a treasure, it is also a work of art.   smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thecfarm

My turn,my turn,my turn.  ;D
Oh my God,that is almost beyond words.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I was privileged enough to see this truck and skidder in person.
But evertime I got close to it....well, have you ever felt like someone was watching you?  smiley_curtain_peek

:D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Pine Ridge

It would take a very talented person to build that, that is great !
Husqvarna 550xp , 2- 372xp and a 288xp, Chevy 4x4 winch truck

samandothers

Chuck White

Really nice addition to your collection Jeff!   8)

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

sawguy21

The attention to detail is absolutely amazing. I would be proud to have it on my mantelpiece too.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Howdy

Just goes to show how special and talented the members of the Forestry Forum are. That is one incredible work of art, and a fun thing to enjoy.  Have fun with it and if you ever get tired of having it around, I am sure more than one of us would like to see it as a auction item. 

47sawdust

Now that's the type of equipment I could afford to own!
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

thecfarm

Howdy,what's up with Casper??  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

WDH

Ray,

I think that you must be seeing ghosts. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

loggah

Thats Awesome!! someone really took some time to build that combo!!!
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

GAB

If I understand it correctly he built 2 sets.
It must of been a long winter!!!
Gerald
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

petefrom bearswamp

Wow! what patience and artistry in building it
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

SwampDonkey

That sure is a nice gift. It's really awesome. The detailed work, and also the moving parts. A real treasure to own.  8)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

isawlogs

A whole bunch of time was put in to that project, looks good in its new home!!!   :)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

maple flats

logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

coxy

im glad they made it in one piece  and you like them   saw a pic of it in one of the pr pic but the goat was blocking most of it :D   the guy that made them was a school friend he made some skidders and a few front mount pickers and a few tractor trailers  and no one would buy them the kicker was he was only asking 100 buck for them   he made the 2 sets and showed them to my wife and she said ill buy them he told her no that when we were in school I was the only one that would stick up for him and when he was down on his luck my dad gave him some money when no one else would   so one set was mine and one set was dads  so after dad passed away and I seen the video of jeffs house with all the cool stuff he has the wife and I said that's where there going  and the guy that made them dropped out of school in 7th grade I never thought he was capable of making some thing like them  :D as the old saying goes never judge a book by its cover   

Chuck White

Good on ya, Coxy!   smiley_thumbsup   smiley_thumbsup
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

lowpolyjoe

Wow - that thing is sweet.

Jeff

I plum forgot to update this Topic. Before this year's pigroast, Tammy and WDH conspired to make an anniversary present for me that they gave me at the Pigroast. Danny created a beautiful display case to put the log truck in that Coxy gave me. I'm proud to have such great friends and proud to have the truck and it's custom case on my mantle where I see it everyday.

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

coxy

that's sweeeet  8)  it looks good at your house with every thing you have I know my dad is proud of you having it and how your displaying it  :)   I know a guy that would love to BUY one similar to that for his truck  :) :-X 

SwampDonkey

Yes it definitely complements the great workmanship of the truck and nicest thing is you can see the truck as well in a superb display case.  :)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!