iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

necessity the mother of all invention

Started by plowboyswr, August 18, 2015, 01:30:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

plowboyswr

I started to put this in Ianab's simple projects thread but decided I hated to infringe on it. So here I  am putting my own little projects out there for all to see. Now I am no where near the wood worker that so many of you on here are, and my designs are rather simple. They are even out of pine dimension lumber and pine plywood.   

My lovely bride had bought a cheap little shoe rack that the kids shoes never fit on and it was always falling apart so I had to do something. The ends are a foot tall so the kids have somewhere  to sit to put on their shoes overall  it's 2' tall and 6' long. I used some self adhesive felt on the bottom to keep it from scuffing the floor when it gets moved.
Just an ole farm boy takin one day at a time.
Steve

lowpolyjoe

Great project.   The integrated seats are brilliant  :)

thecfarm

Now that's a good idea!! Should of put some adjustable legs on to to raise as the girls grow.   :D  I like that design. My wood working skills stop when the tree hits the ground.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Jemclimber

I really like the ends as well. Nice job and I'm sure those 2 cuties love it as well, especially since dad made it.
lt15

plowboyswr

Thanks gents for the kind words.
Quote from: thecfarm on August 18, 2015, 06:33:45 AM
Should of put some adjustable legs on to to raise as the girls grow.   :D
Still might be able to.
Steve

GAB

Quote from: plowboyswr on August 18, 2015, 01:30:25 AM
I started to put this in Ianab's simple projects thread but decided I hated to infringe on it. So here I  am putting my own little projects out there for all to see. Now I am no where near the wood worker that so many of you on here are, and my designs are rather simple. They are even out of pine dimension lumber and pine plywood.   

Like myself, your woodworking skills may not be in ANDY's and, quite a few others, capability, but I see no reason for you to be ashamed.  You have a good design which meets your needs.
Carry on.
Gerald
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

Magicman

There is nothing more satisfying than to build useful projects.  You did good.   8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

mesquite buckeye

That is neat and I see happy girls. ;D 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) :snowball:
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

plowboyswr

The wife and I bought a front load washer and dryer we looked at the little add on cabinets to put on them, 300 bucks a piece! Not this boy, out came the saw again.

then we needed to do something with the wasted space above them. So...

then we had to have a new vanity to match so out came the saw again.

One happy Mrs.
Steve

Magicman

I admire your ingenuity and ways for making the Mrs. happy.  Happy Wife......Happy Life.   smiley_love
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

plowboyswr

Quote from: Magicman on August 18, 2015, 02:25:20 PM
I admire your ingenuity and ways for making the Mrs. happy.  Happy Wife......Happy Life.   smiley_love
that is the truth Magicman and thanks for the complements.  Got more to come. If I every get a sawmill to feed the addiction... ;D  :D so for now I just :P
Steve

plowboyswr

My folks had an old microwave stand that was giving up (it was as old as me) so we set out to replace it.

Steve

21incher

Great projects. Looks like you have been bitten by the bug and will soon need a bunch of lumber and machinery to cure you. :)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

gfadvm

Quote from: plowboyswr on August 18, 2015, 06:16:04 PM
My folks had an old microwave stand that was giving up (it was as old as me) so we set out to replace it.

You have created  a bunch of useful and attractive 'home additions'!  The shoe storage/bench is my favorite. You can add "bun feet" as the girls grow. Carry on.........

WDH

You are on a roll.  Some really nice projects.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

jamesamd

And simplicity is the Mother of function....

Well done, Young Man  ;)

jim
All that is gold does not glitter,not all those that wander are lost.....

mesquite buckeye

Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

thecfarm

Boy,no stopping ya when you get going.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

plowboyswr

Of course it's a challenge sometimes to keep a hammer where you can use it when you have the "help" I have!  :D :D :D

Steve

thecfarm

I like that picture.
That "help" may not be much help now,but they will remember "helping" for years to come. Let them help now so they will be a help in 10 years.

Lud

Well Done!  You area lucky man........ 8)
Simplicity mill, Ford 1957 Golden Jubilee 841 Powermaster, 40x60 bankbarn, left-handed

Sprucegum

With each picture I see a progression in complexity and skill level. By the time you get as old as these other old folks you will be every bit as skilled as they are :)

Letting the little ones share your woodworking time turns it into quality time that can't be beat.

mesquite buckeye

Teach your children well.

;D 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) :snowball:

gfadvm

Quote from: plowboyswr on August 20, 2015, 01:20:26 AM
Of course it's a challenge sometimes to keep a hammer where you can use it when you have the "help" I have!  :D :D :D

You are truly blessed to get to spend quality time with that pair! They both look like they are having the time of their lives.

4x4American

Boy, back in my day..

Thank You Sponsors!