iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Friends + auctions+craigslist + bucks.

Started by starmac, August 16, 2015, 07:27:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

starmac

Well I came in in the wee hours saturday morning from a run up north, so planned to sleep late and then do a little truck maintenence. A friend calls early and woke me up, wanting to know if I was going to an auction, which I had already decided not to. He was working, and couldn't but wanted me to go and try and buy a belly dump trailer for him.
Well. I went, but didn't even bid on the bellydump, it was in worse shape than what he wanted, but someone had brought a nice aluminum log truck cab guard I was interested in, and also a pretty nice older general trailer, The auctioneer sold them both for one money, so I got them at a steal, as there was no other bidder for them.
I came home, and another friend calls and tells me that someone has some woodmizer bands on craigslist, so I called that guy. It turns out he has 30, some new and some used but never sharpened.
I went today and picked them up, and he mentioned he had some kind of attachment for a miser, I wound up with a bevel siding attachment for 100 bucks. Then as I was about to leave, he says I have a new motor for something on a lt 40 that I might as well give you, as I have no use for it. It turned out to be a new drive motor for an old mill like mine.
Pretty good weekend for bargains over all.
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

sawguy21

I would be scared to deal with you after a good night's sleep.:D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

slider

al glenn

r.man

I love days like that, makes up for the crappy ones where you wish you had stayed in bed.
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

Magicman

I enjoyed reading about your good fortune.   smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

starmac

Quote from: slider on August 17, 2015, 07:43:38 AM
Sounds to me like you are on a roll.

I didn't have anything to do with it, other than maybe luck.
At the auction, I was the high bidder, actually the only one, If I had held out before bidding he might have come down some more. lol
I paid the guys asking price for the blades Not 100% sure I got a great deal, and his asking price on the siding attachment, no dickering on my part, he threw the drive motor in after the deal was finished and loaded up.

There is a lot of small mills in this area, but not a lot of demand or buyers for logging equipment, especially truck related (except loaders, which I want one).
I bought a log trailer and set of truck bunks a few years ago at an auction a few years ago. At the time I was not looking for any logging gear and had no plans to do so, I just happened to walk by while they were selling it and bid on it. I just kept walking, thinking no way it would sell for the 700 bucks I bid, but wound up with it.
I had no use for it, and didn't even pick it up, till they were gearing up for the auction the next year. lol
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

Sixacresand

Way to go. Starmac.  Looks like you had a good day.   
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

Thank You Sponsors!