iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

used truck prices

Started by snowstorm, August 16, 2015, 05:03:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snowstorm

are nuts around here. i have been looking for another pickup. older and cheap. the local ford dealer has an 05 f250 with the 6.0 and the little fisher vee plow. the truck was pretty ruff. tailgate was missing batteries flat wouldnt start along with more rust then it should have. they wanted 9k so i went back 2 weeks later the day of there big sale now its 11.5k......some sale. keep looking and found one of the bigger contractors replacing some of his fleet. i looked them over an picked an 02 f350 srw 7.3 auto it dose have ac but thats it for options. very little rust. new tires,shocks,springs and the bed was new 6 months ago not patched new 2014 along with a 9.5ft fisher extreme vee plow the stainless steel version.   what would be a fair price??

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Punch it in the Kelly Blue Book calculator you can get online.  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Kipper

The 7.3 is way better of a truck. The 03-06 6.0 Ford Diesel is junk... Poston's right about the KBB value, that's a real good start.
LT40HD, Cat Diesel
New Holland L783
Kubota BX23
Metavic 1400XL
2016 Dodge 3500
2007 Dodge 3500 (Dump)
Belsaw 802 Edger
Too many trailers to count and all Stihl Saws!!

snowstorm

i like the 6.0 i had 2 at one time now only 1 in a f550 once you ditch the egr cooler most of the problems go away. i bought the 02 the price was less than the cost of a new plow like this one. truck has 140000 miles fleet maintained

21incher

A 9.5 ft plow can put a real beating on a f350. Be sure to check out the frame. :)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

sprucebunny

When I bought my 00 F450 at 5-6 years old the frame under the Fisher plow mount was beat to pieces. It had 48,000 miles on it. Had to buy a different brand plow.

I would always buy a truck in the south that Hadn't plowed and add the plow.

just my opinion.
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

snowstorm

the fisher push are new and the frame is fine. i run a 10ft plow along with a 9ft wing on my f550. this fisher plow is heavy 1000lbs not to start a gm war but i was told fisher says not to put this plow on a gm truck its to heavy

snowstorm

Quote from: sprucebunny on August 16, 2015, 07:52:12 PM
When I bought my 00 F450 at 5-6 years old the frame under the Fisher plow mount was beat to pieces. It had 48,000 miles on it. Had to buy a different brand plow.

I would always buy a truck in the south that Hadn't plowed and add the plow.

just my opinion.
i have never been a fisher fan but i own 3 of them. parts can be had at almost any napa and having the factory 20 miles away helps

Thank You Sponsors!