iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Wondering what you guys think ?

Started by BargeMonkey, August 13, 2015, 08:31:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BargeMonkey

Chances are good I'm going to load both these machines on my lowboy when I get home, I know where they came from and who owned them, a guy bought them to start out and just can't make it. Wonder if you guys have anything good or bad to say about them. 

411B hydro ax, has a shear, grapple and bucket with coupler. Has 8khrs and fresh engine. 

693C Deere delimber, I don't know what I'm going to do with it.  :D  just wondering if you guys have ran one, whole new beast for me. Was planning on going more CTL but I can't beat this deal with a stick, literaly.

deastman

If the price is right go for it. I've owned a 311 Hydro-Ax and two Cat delimbers. The Hydo-Ax is kind of obsolete with a shear head on it unless you're cutting strictly pulpwood or biomass.  Does the delimber have a topping saw? If it does you're golden.  A limber with a topping saw can handle hardwood and really up your production. As you limb your wood you can put the tops up for a chipper if you want. Running limber was my favorite before I went to CTL. A feller-buncher, grapple and limber will out-produce CTL everyday, just depends on what setup works best for your area and application
Samsung 130 LCM-3 with Fabtek 4-roller and Cat 554 forwarder, Cat EL 180 excavator, Cat D3C dozer, Cat D7E dozer, '92 Ford LTL 9000 dump, Easy-2-Load 25 Ton tag-a-long, current project under construction: '91 Peterbilt 379 with a Hood 8000 w/extenda-boom loader

BargeMonkey

Wondering if any of you guys may know where a bar saw and brush hog is for sale for a hydro axe ? I called lakeshore and they hadn't seen either in a while, would love to find ones with the coupler set up on them. Figured I would ask around.

loggah

You shore got wood chip fever !!! ;D Whats going on with the barge and store? hope there working out .
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

BargeMonkey

Quote from: loggah on August 15, 2015, 05:40:00 PM
You shore got wood chip fever !!! ;D Whats going on with the barge and store? hope there working out .
Took a little better tug job, back moving oil now. I'm ready to start lining pockets soon to get the building up, first it was the storm water permit,  now it's a few more things, but I'm hoping to get building soon. During the summer there is a fortune to be made, probably another 8-10 employees plus my wife. Nothing sells ice cream like college girls.  ;) Tanks, pumps and island are just over 300k, that's us doing the dirtwork and concrete. Bank man didn't blink when we asked for 750 more.  :D.  I'm just cutting more wood, trying to streamline things a little better. I want the equipment sitting there and kinks worked out of stuff so that when the time comes for me to get off the boat completely I can. I doubt I keep either of these 2 machines, go to look the stuff over when I get off and probably load same day.

loggah

Ya,I know a crapload of permits is needed for tanks and gas pumps here in N.H. its a PITA i cant imagine trying that in N.Y.!! :o :o You will do well you got the go getta attitute. !!! ;D ;D
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

BargeMonkey

Actually the petroleum end isn't as bad as you think, only DEC state guy to deal with, and the company i. Using deals with him alot. All double wall fire guard tanks in another containment dike. It's all a game, 10001gal changes requirements, so they build a 9950 tank and I bypass 75% of the regs. 2-10k and 1-5k tank. I'm going to wait 1 yr and see how things go, but I'm figuring on just throwing down and buy a used trailer and semi new tractor and haul my own fuel, actually get something out of my outrageous  NYS registration cost in ny. I'm a few mile into NYC watershed, that's the big nut. Storm water plan, calculated impervious footage on the whole place, storm water retention pond, if we didn't own the material and equipment you would be close to 2mil to pull this off. All pine inside, I've got it half sawed already. Yeah you have to hustle, no one's going to give you anything.

mills

Dang it boy!

Just like loggah said, you got it.  8)

I really enjoy reading your post. Up beat and positive. Can't wait to see what your going to come up with next.

lopet

When I was your age I was exactly like you. Now things have eased of a bit. ;D   smiley_beertoast

That's a big investment you're planning with your store, especially in times where a lot of people losing their jobs.
But like others said, you have the right attitude .   Get'r done !! 
Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

BargeMonkey

It's all about the hustle, my father puts in hours that aren't human. We have our hand in so many things that even with a major price drop in wood we don't notice it. My stuff gets parked when I come back, all done with the woods help game. My store is just the finishing touch to it all, how hard can you compete against me when I'm buying fuel .50+ cents a gal cheaper hauled with my own trucks and my new equipment will be bought to avoid paying more tax than i have to on the store earnings. They cant. :D  I've stuck it out on the boats because of the stability, and not wanting to jump and be the little fish in a big pond with a few other local loggers and excavation guys. Biggest problem is help, I'm slowly getting that worked out.
By 0700 I've already got 1 engine torn apart and a gen-set end laying on the floor after a drive pulley / balancer failure, piece missing was big enough to throw a quarter thru, the guy said "it's got a hell of a leak so I shut it down". This is what I deal with on a daily basis.   help_me

nastcat

Craigslist ad removed by Admin, please review rules for posting such ads.

BargeMonkey

Quote from: nastcat on August 25, 2015, 05:37:51 PM
Craigslist ad removed by Admin, please review rules for posting such ads.
I appreciate the link, around here we work in so much rock I couldn't keep the teeth in a hotsaw. Figured If I could get a barsaw for the right money I would, still waiting to finalize the deal, stuck on the boat thru Friday night right now.

snowstorm

I appreciate the link, around here we work in so much rock I couldn't keep the teeth in a hotsaw. Figured If I could get a barsaw for the right money I would, still waiting to finalize the deal, stuck on the boat thru Friday night right now.
[/quote] you want a bar saw on a rubber tired tree to tree machine??? maybe if there is no brush but the moving all the time to cut that 2" tree thats in the way

BargeMonkey

I know what you mean, a 20" hotsaw would make more sense. I figured if I could find a head for short money I would, I don't intend on running it in the woods much, probably more brush hogging than anything else.

treeslayer2003

years ago we almost bought a franklin with a 30" bar saw. after running a bell i can see where it would work well in bigger timber. run over the saplings with head up.
bar saws are cheaper to operate if you don't twist up lots of bars.

BargeMonkey

I have a barsaw on my Timbco already, so it kind of makes sense I can run 2 heads with the same stuff. Haven't loaded the stuff on my lowboy yet so I can't say it's a done deal yet.  :D. I'm going to either go CTL or big grapple, something so I can pick up the pace, I have 12 days a month I can work when I'm off the boat, a few of these bigger woodlots take forever sometimes.

nastcat

Yeah, I knew this wasn't quite what you were looking for.

BargeMonkey

I'm figuring being an older, less common machine that I can pick up a barsaw head cheap. I'm trying to get away from "fulltree" and more towards CTL as I refuse to fight to keep help and pay more into insurance. Waiting to hear back from the guy, I'm still not home off the boat yet, this hitch won't di

I fished setting that one back in today. Proof that Detroit fly.  :D

my latest gig, hopefully my last. Not a bad boat, been all over the world. 

give you something to compare the wheels too. My last boat had 120" wheels, these are 106"

lopet

Even at 106 " it's still pretty impressive.
Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.

BargeMonkey

I broke down and parted with money which I don't like doing. Took me 1 day to drag it all home and 1 day to unload. I knew where it came from, was sold to another guy and he couldn't make it. 

Close friend of ours bought these 2 machines new up in Canada. Got to fix the topping saw on the delimber but she is in pretty good shape, tracks are tired. 3x extra 95% 28L tires, 2 sets of chain, quick coupler on the axe with a shear, log grapple and bucket. There is money to be made on used logging equipment but you've got to be sharp about it.

lopet

Good luck with that iron.  Just can't see enough demand for a delimber anymore as everybody who's looking for production is going ctl.
But the carrier is sure worth something.

BargeMonkey

I couldn't go wrong on the price, and I've got ALOT of hemlock and pulp to cut so the delimber will stay busy. I've been getting more and more clearing work, talking about an 18" chipper and haggling on another dual arch skidder right now. I just like seeing the older iron, especially the stuff that still works and runs.

snowstorm

will it limb hemlock? nothing limbs harder than hemlock if its big old ruff wood

BargeMonkey

Quote from: snowstorm on September 05, 2015, 08:03:20 AM
will it limb hemlock? nothing limbs harder than hemlock if its big old ruff wood
The guy who has owned it forever says she will take a pretty good sized tree, said hemlock, spruce, and most decent HW is no problem. When I get home I'm going to go thru it and fix a few things. Wanted to stay away from a delimber / slasher / grapple but I guess that's where I've got to be to pound the wood out.  :D

timberlinetree

Nice looking machines congratulations! That delimber will be nice to have. Limbing hemlock by hand is really time consuming and it seems you never get them all. Work safe and good luck with them.
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

Thank You Sponsors!