iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sweet Gum Bench

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, August 11, 2015, 05:31:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Just had to do it. Got so many SG logs from Tree Services, well...... just did it.

A big 9 x 12 SG beam makes a nice bench. The legs / supports, I took them an Anchor Sealed the very bottom with 4 coats. When the beam dries some, I'll just pour old motor oil on the surface.

One thing about having a sawmill and free Sweet Gum.....when it rots.....I'll make another one.  :D :D :D

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Andy White

David,
Me thinks that little bit of weight won't keep the Sweet Gum from warping!!! Good design tho.  8) 8) ;D  Andy
Learning by day, aching by night, but loving every minute of it!! Running HM126 Woodland Mill, Stihl MS290, Homemade Log Arch, JD 5103/FEL and complete woodshop of American Delta tools.

Bruno of NH

You are going to starve laying down like that :)
Bruno
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Bruno of NH on August 11, 2015, 06:41:40 PM
You are going to starve laying down like that :)
Bruno

I'm tired from reading Peter's Post.  ;D

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Andy White on August 11, 2015, 05:51:04 PM
David,
Me thinks that little bit of weight won't keep the Sweet Gum from warping!!! Good design tho.  8) 8) ;D  Andy

I'll lay right here until it dries.  :D :D :D

clww

Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

POSTON WIDEHEAD

WDH

I like the simple beauty of it.  The bench, that is  :D. 

That thing would be handy near the sawmill when one needs to rest ones eyes body.

Love the color of heart sweetgum.  Looks like that you are putting that new drying shed to good use. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Holmes

Is that water jug full of golf balls?   Nice bench seems to be adequate in strength to hold up that guy laying on it :D
Think like a farmer.

mesquite buckeye

Sweet! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :snowball: :snowball: 8) 8) 8)
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

LeeB

David,

How could it keep the sweet gum from warping when the weight itself is warped?  :D :D
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: LeeB on August 12, 2015, 01:47:47 AM
David,

How could it keep the sweet gum from warping when the weight itself is warped?  :D :D

smiley_trap_drummer We have a winner!  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

WDH

It has got my vote  ;D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Jemclimber

I think you could call that a southern sofa.  Calling a slab a mantle seems to fetch more $$ so if you call this a southern sofa shown with that picture of just how comfy it looks, you could at least get $350 for it.     :D
lt15

isawlogs

Napping again... I guess when one gets old enough, one needs all the rest one can get.  ;D
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Thank You Sponsors!